Friday Night Blues

This week was a bit hectic. Thank goodness it's Friday.  5 o'clock came and I was ready to bolt from work (even though I'll probably doing more overtime this weekend...can you say FUN?).  I did bolt.  Right into traffic. It sucked.  All of the major roadways home were parking lots.  And you know I was sucking down water all afternoon...so you can guess where this is going.  It would have been bad enough if it was a regular commute home. This was just plain torture.

My plans got postponed so I had to figure out what to do for dinner.  I could stop and pick up something. But what?  What could I get?  Maybe something at Panera? Oh there's a Five Guys, I could get a burger.  I want fries.  Oooh or maybe a quick quesidilla.  Maybe a salad at Wendy's.  That would be stupid though.  I can make a salad at home.  And that's what I did.  I would like to say it's because it was the right decision.  But, the truth is that between it being the end of the week (my brain was mush) and having to go to the bathroom so bad, I just could not decide what to do.  It worked out for the best though.

I have a lot to do this weekend.  And so naturally, here I sit playing on my computer.  Oops.

So why am I blue on a Friday?  Because it is COLD.  Sure I don't love the humidity, but I am not ready to say good-bye to summer just yet. Here's a little secret: the former fat girl used to hate the summer.  Shorts, t-shirts, and bathing suits were nightmares.  She could not wait until it was time to get out the sweaters and sweatshirts.  Anything big and baggy was her friend. Now, I love tank tops and shorts.  I have a figure now.  A fun figure.  I don't need to hide it anymore. 

I don't want to get the bulky clothes out :-( Sure the sweaters I have now are smaller than they used to be, but they are still not the same thing as the tight-fitting t-shirt I am wearing right now (with a jacket). I am pretty much coming up with a list of things to do before I have to get out the sweaters.   That list is getting pretty long at this point. Does anyone need any housework done?

I am going back to the beach next weekend and am hoping that my wishful thinking will keep it warm for just a little bit longer...Just one more week.  That's all I ask.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts