The Biggest Loser Week 1 - don't worry no spoiler in case you DVR'd and haven't watched yet :-)

FINALLY!  I have missed my favorite Tuesday night show.  The Biggest Loser is back!

I hope you got a chance to watch the first episode of the new season.  If you did, were you amazed at the amount of weight lost?  It's crazy.  When you treat your body like crap for so long that's what happens.  One week of "detoxing" the bad food and habits and you can drop a ton of weight.  Now don't get discouraged if you personally are not dropping 16lbs during your first week. Unless you are going from couch potato to working out 6-7 hours a day and completely changing your eating habits you aren't going to be that successful.  But, it is pretty cool to know that it's possible.

This season is different.  Jillian Michaels is gone (sad face).  In addition to my boyfriend, Bob, there are two new trainers: Dolvett Quince (who is quite delightful to look at) and Anna Kournakova (yes, the tennis player).  I wasn't sure about how I felt when she was announced as the trainer at the end of last season.  But, these contestants aren't just losing weight.  They are becoming athletes.  They have to.  They are spending so much time training their bodies that is the only way to look at it.

Put down the orange soda and the donuts.  Put down the milk shake and fried chicken.  Put down the coke and the pizza.  Get off of the couch!

Pick up the water.  Pick up the vegetables.  Pick up the protein.  Pick up the whole grains.  Move!

Today is the first day of the new you.  Look at the ages of everyone on this show. They range from the 20's to the 60's.  Some of the biggest losers in the past have been Senior citizens. This season is called the Battle of the Ages.  The teams are divided by age.  And let me tell you something, you cannot count out any age.  It is never too late.

Usually I cry at the beginning when the contestants are telling their stories.  This time I cried at the end when they showed previews of the upcoming season.  I was just so excited for this journey they are about to take. Their lives are about to change drastically and it's going to be so wonderful.

***************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions:

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts