Friday, September 9, 2011

Confucious Say - You cheated last night

So yes, we ordered Chinese last night.

I walked down to get it so that counts right?  Just kidding.  I know it doesn't. And don't kid yourself using that as an excuse.  I maybe walked off one or two bites of my dinner.  We did okay though.  Like I said in the last post, it's all about portion control when it comes to Chinese.  Let me stop right here and say that I am in no way an expert on eating right with Chinese food.  I will only say that these tips help me.

We ordered the Chicken with Cashew nuts and split the pint.  That was KEY.  Normally, I would eat the whole pint myself.  We got white rice, which is not the best choice, but it's better than fried rice.  And of course we split a couple of spring rolls.  It was tasty and I didn't feel awful.

Now for the confession part.  On the menu I saw "Cheese-steak roll".  Go on.  You have my attention.  Why yes, I think I will try one.  It's only $1.50 what harm can it do?  Besides, I'll eat it before my cousin gets here and no one has to know.

When I got home a few things happened and I didn't get to my "special" roll before my cousin pulled up.  Dang it.  So we split our food and prepared our plates.  When I finished eating I was satisfied.  Not stuffed or uncomfortable.  SCORE.  But, I still had not had that roll.  So I ate it.  And it was GOOOOOOOOD. But, that's what put me over the edge to uncomfortable.

At the same time my facebook for Confessions was going crazy with likes and posts thanks to my Super-fan Erica! A big shoutout right now for you!  And I was reading comments from people about how inspiring I am and what good tips I have. I was watching the number of hits on the blog skyrocket.  And of course that little fear crept in again like someone is going to call foul on me.  And I felt like I could puke.  :-(  This one I am sure started out as a food discomfort and turned into a mental discomfort.  I have since burped a bunch of time and feel sooooo much better.

I know that I eat right 90% of the time.  BUT, I have a hard time allowing the other 10% because I'm so terrified of it creeping up to 15% then 20%...I also know that I'm going away this weekend and I am going out for lunch and dinner today.  Dinner may be at the Cheesecake Factory and I do NOT want to deprive myself of that.  It all falls back on planning ahead.  Treating yourself every once in a while if fine.  But not every meal or every day.  So pick and choose your treats.  And choose wisely.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! 

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. This is how you inspired me today: I went to dinner tonight at Applebee's and what I ordered was DELICIOUS. Three quarters of the way in, I was about to eat a bite when I realized I was full. When I'm not thinking about it, I'll clean the plate. When I am being conscious of fullness, I'll realize I'm full and still eat a few more bites. But tonight as soon as it occurred to me I was full I pushed the plate away and let the waitress remove it. I'm not going to lay awake at night missing those few bites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) That was going to be one of my tips. It's ok to not take leftovers or eat the whole plate full. Last night I threw out what was left of the Chinese. And I haven't given it a second thought...well until now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie, I love reading your blog I started WW 3 weeks ago and I have gained 2.5 lbs. I am feeling discouraged. I know I need to exercise but I always feel so tired. It is such a circle.
    You are inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete