Treadmill VS. Man v. Food

Woke up this morning and we went over to the fitness center after a nice bowl of Special K.  We were the only people there so we had full range of the TV.  I was flipping through and nothing was on.  For some sick twisted reason though I put on Man Vs. Food from the Travel channel.  If you have never seen this show let me explain what it's about.

Lots of restaurants around the country have food challenges. If you eat this giant burger you get a t-shirt and your picture on the wall.  So this guy travels the country and takes these challenges.  Whiles he's in the city he also goes around to the local eateries and shows the obnoxiously fat foods that put them on the map.  I'll admit that sometimes it makes me really want to try it (especially the BBQ stuff), but most of the time I am wretching at the thought.  I mean if you are having a half pound cheeseburger do you really need to slap the pastrami on top too?

This morning one of the episodes had him taking on the 6 lb burger challenge.  They have 1.5 lb burgers and he was supposed to eat 4 of them. Oh and not only were the burgers huge, but the buns were slathered in butter before being put on the grill. He made it through the first two burgers just fine.  The crowd is behind him cheering him on and all I'm thinking is "Are they nuts?"  What a horrible thing to cheer for.  "Clog those arteries!  Increase that cholesterol!  Hope you get you get Heart Disease soon!". 

He did not even finish the third burger.  The crowd was sad, but I was happy.  It should not be a feat to be rewarded.  And as sick as this challenge was, there was another place he visited before that that offered a 9lb hamburger.  NINE POUNDS.  That better have been to split between 50 people.

So there I was on the treadmill watching this for an hour...it felt so wrong, but it also made me feel so much better about how I am treating my body now.  The former fat girl in me would have LOVED this show and want to go to most places he visits.  She would be drooling over the grease and fatty goodness.  The not so fat girl would still like to go to these places, but to educate them on the damage they are doing to themselves by eating this food. 

The good news is that after watching this show it only drives me to eat right. Probably won't watch it while on the treadmill again.  It made me a little too sick to watch. So now I am off to go get a nice and healthy lunch and feel good about myself.

PS-My mom wants me to let everyone know that she went with me to the fitness center too. GO MOM!

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com  

Comments

Popular Posts