My day(s) off...and I'm not talking about work

My walking has been good for the past two days, but my eating has not been the best :-(

Yesterday I was doing so well.  I knew I was going out to dinner and going away for the weekend so I had packed a nice big salad for lunch and was going to walk the mall during my lunch our.  Check.  Alright so far. Alert!  Alert!  Alert!  It's time to celebrate the September birthdays!  CAKE!  I love it.  I hate it.  I love it.  I hate it.

I cannot say no to cake.  It's that simple.  I can't.  I was not prepared for this. Usually I get a heads up, but this was a surprise.  Fine.  I'll have a piece.  And I'll like it!  I walked. I ate a salad.  It's all good.  For dinner I was meeting friends at Chick-Fil-A.  Hadn't been there since the first day of the blog and this time I was not going to keep the wrong chicken!  I didn't have to send it back. They gave me the right grilled chicken sandwich...and my waffle fries. SHHHH!    Cake and waffle fries in one day.  Normally I would beat myself up and just correct my mistakes the next day...but, I'm not going be home all weekend. Bah!

So this morning I got up and went to walking. I had a cereal bar before I went.  I walked my five miles and came home to the smell of scrapple.  My knees went weak.  Yes, I had two eggs and two pieces of scrapple...and a banana!  I grabbed a protein bar a little while later before heading out to go shopping.

Here's my good news for the day.  I went to Old Navy for their nice 75% off your second item sale.  Why?  Cause I needed new jeans.  That' right.  My jeans were literally falling off of me yesterday.  My Skinny jeans were falling off of me!  Can I get a Holla?!? Heck yeah, that is awesome.  Since I started the blog I have dropped a pant size.  So thank you all for the kind words and motivation.  I picked up two new jeans in a size that I totally skipped over on the way up.  I'm in single digits yo!

Next we went to Dress barn and they are having a sweater sale.  I found a really cute sweater that I wanted to try on. My initial reaction: I need to try on the large.  That medium looks small.  I tried on the large and it fit, but my Aunt encouraged me to try on the medium.  And guess what!  It looked even better than the large.  GO ME!  I'm still having a hard time going straight to the sizes that actually fit me.  I always pull my old sizes first.  At least I'm not still grabbing the XXL.

It was a good shopping day :-)  But, it was closing in on dinner time and we were HUNGRY.  It's grandma's birthday weekend and we had promised her a cheesesteak soft pretzel (kill me now).  So we ran over and ordered some.  They needed to be baked so we scarfed down a regular soft pretzel while we waited.  See, one trip for pretzels last week and I've fallen off the wagon.

When we got home I split the cheesesteak pretzel with grandma.  Oh it was GOOOOOD.  And I had some bean-less chili.  It's her birthday know there was cake.  It was a small slice, but still. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I am totally craving vegetables.  I need some green beans.  Maybe some carrots or broccoli.  Who am I?

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts