Sunday, September 18, 2011

It was a good day

Oh happy day.

I started this beautiful day at Church.  I got to run after a few of the little ones after Service and managed to keep up with them.  haha. After church I had plans to meet up with a friend at my old high school track.  The sun was shining and it could not have been nicer.  Thank you God.

I turned up the ipod and off I went.  The track is a really nice rubber track and way better than it was when I was in school. I am jealous.  Not that I was exactly running around it back then.  But, I might have (although I think we all know I wouldn't).

Anyway, I was enjoying the day so much I actually lost track of the number of laps I was doing.  Luckily I was timing my laps and had my pedometer to figure it out.  I was walking with Daddy-Long-Legs, but you can call her Kristin, so either she was slowing down for me or I was keeping up a good pace.  She would break off and jog a lap or two and I would keep on for my lap pace.  We discussed walking a half-marathon and I got way too excited.  I SO have this!  I know it.

At one point this "professional" showed up.  He stretched for about twenty minutes and then put on his flat running shoes.  We moved over into the next lane figuring he would smoke us on the track.  Uh no.  He sorely disappointed us.  I was expecting greatness.  He ran about 3 sprints and then jogged a lap or two. Then he stretched for another twenty minutes and left.  We still aren't sure what the deal was, but I'd like to point out that I did way more than he did!  haha.

After five miles it was time to go.  I had to run to the store and get back before the raced started.  But, rained in Chicago so the race was delayed.  This meant I could do some serious grocery shopping at the Super Target.

First order of business, return the workout top that I bought last night that is TOO BIG!  Heck yeah!  I still do that.  I know I fit in a Medium now (which is a long cry from the XXL I used to be), but I still think they look to small and always end up going for the Large.

I picked out a new Medium shirt (and another pack of socks...I'm so addicted to them now) and went over to the appliances.  I don't want to get you too jealous, but I have had my eye on a little tiny Crockpot for a couple of weeks.  It's a two-person crockpot and just over $10.  Since it's football day and the air is a little crisp I really wanted to make chili.  I grabbed my new little appliance with the giddiness of a kid in a candystore (I hate that phrase by the way) and made my way to the food section.  Yes, I got ground turkey for the chili.  I got my veggies and my usual snacks for lunch this week.

When I got home I got out the chicken to marinate for my salads later in the week and fired up the crockpot.  The race was still delayed, the Eagles and Phillies didn't play until later, and the Ravens weren't on tv.  I got a lot of the stuff on my list done while my healthy dinner was cooking :-)  I'm still not ready to break out the winter clothes just yet.  Let me get through one more beach weekend please.

A little while ago I did some searching and found a half-marathon at the beach in December.  The max time is 7 hours.  I'm convinced I can do it in 3.5.  I just need to convince someone to help me pay for it (it's a little pricier than I would if you want to sponsor me I'd be happy to give you a shout out...haha.  If I had signed up in March it would have been a lot less, but after 9/30 it's $100...a little steep for me for my first one).

Now I have two games to watch tonight and just kick back and relax.  I've earned it!

PS-I'm also a little excited because I finally reached Australia!  I have had hits in 16 countries now and Australia was my big Want.  Haha...I have no idea how I am reaching so far, but I am so excited about it.  Thank you everyone.

Check out my Facebook Page for Confessions:

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile 

No comments:

Post a Comment