Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The horrible no good very bad day

Wow...I had just posted what a good day it was on Sunday when my life took an unexpected turn.  I'm not going to go into all of the details (even though I was not at fault it is still humiliating to talk about), but I will share some because I want to share how I dealt with the stress.

At 1am I was woken up because my car was being towed.  I went running out to find out why and was told it was being repossessed.  This made no sense.  I have made every payment.  I was given a number to call first thing in the morning.  Oh yeah, like I could sleep after that.  My heart was racing. I did not sleep for one minute and spent the whole night praying.  Once daybreak came I was up and ready to fight and find out what was going on.  Long story short, my lender said I did not have insurance.  That was completely false and I was able to provide them proof immediately and they accepted it.  Great I can have it back now.  Not so fast.  It still had to be processed and a credit would need to be issued.  This could take 7-10 days.  WHAT?  I need my car.  This wasn't my fault, but somehow I was paying the price.

I had talked to enough people to know I would have my car back in a short time.  But, that doesn't stop the worrying.  I never saw this coming so who's to say something else doesn't come up.  By the time I had logged off the computer for work (thank goodness I had the option to work from home) I knew I was going to pass out.  My brain and body were completely exhausted.  I could barely function at that point.  I laid down and was asleep withing seconds. 

Fast forward a day and I have my car back thanks to a bunch of heroes.  Big shout out to my dad and to my work husband.  There is still some work that needs to be done, but the threat of losing my car is gone.  Now here's what happened behind the scenes:

I barely ate.  I had purchased and prepared such great food on Sunday and it just sat there.  My stomach could not take it. I had a cereal bar and couldn't keep it down.  It took me 2 hours to force a turkey sandwich down for lunch and that didn't stay down.  My awesome roomie brought me a frosty and that was magic. It stayed down.  I barely drank water.  I had no sleep.  I could barely function.  My brain was swirling.

This kind of stress was going to go one of two ways: one- I would eat everything in sight or two- I would eat nothing.  Neither is good.  Sure I didn't overeat, but I also didn't nourish my body properly. I also didn't move all day.  I was in bed making calls and working on my laptop.  I burned no calories.

Today was a little better.  I got the call early on that things were moving in the right direction and I could go get my car back (THANK YOU).  But, until I had in my hands I still could not eat.  I had a cereal bar and that was it.  I took a protein bar with me and as soon as I saw my car I felt a thousand times better.  I ate my bar.

When I got home I amazingly had an appetite again.  Luckily I still had some of my turkey chili in the fridge.  I had some of that to hold me over until dinner.  I had been marinating chicken for two days in balsamic vinaigrette and I needed to grill that. At this point I would like to give another shout out to the big guy...you know who I'm talking about:  Mr. George Foreman.  Without his grille I don't know what I would do.  I love mine so much.  I actually think I need to get a new one because mine is so used it's getting disgusting.  So tonight I grilled my chicken and made a salad.  I also made sure I sucked down a bunch of water.

Stress is a bad bad thing.  It makes you eat when you aren't hungry.  It makes you eat things that you shouldn't.  It messes up your body.  In my case I didn't handle the stress properly, but I am making sure that I react to the aftermath the right way.  The Biggest Loser is on tonight and my weights are calling my name.

Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions:


yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile 

No comments:

Post a Comment