Why I am doing this

When I originally thought of starting this blog my plan was for one post a week.  Hahaha...who knew it would be so addicting?  But this is a good thing.  This is how I am keeping myself accountable for my actions.  You hear all of the time that you should journal your food and workouts, but unless someone is reading mine it won't matter. And I will stop writing in the journal.  When someone else is watching you, you definitely behave differently.  In my case, I don't want to let anyone down.

I love to write.  I had previously written an unpublished novel.  I have started two other novels, but I couldn't quite finish them.  And I kept thinking that this is the book I wanted to write.  I was just fearful that no one would read it.  To me it's not about making money off the book.  It's about reaching people and inspiring.  Maybe I wasn't meant to write fiction.  Maybe I am supposed to write about my life.

This blog was originally supposed to be about my emotions and feelings throughout the journey.  I had no idea how many people I would reach and inspire.  I thank you all for your support and positive comments.  I am happy to be able to lend a voice to so many who need it.  I really just want to help people. I am honored to be an inspiration to other.  It's one thing to have family members say it.  Because in the back of my head I'm thinking "They are just saying it to be nice."  But, it's quite another to have people I have never met say it.  That just fuels me to write even more.  It made me sad that I didn't get a chance to post last night.  It just got a little hectic.  Now as a rule, I do take Sundays off from the computer. My job is at a computer 8 hours a day.  I need one day off of it completely.  But, I will try to post every day for a while.

My promise to you is to be as honest as possible.  And one day I will add pictures (the good and the bad), but I need a scanner for that.  I activated the comment section so please feel free to send questions or offer other tips that I can share.  We're all in this together :-)

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts