Tips Part 2 - Clothing

Along with the right sneaker, you want to make sure that you have the appropriate clothing for working out.

Make sure your clothes aren't too tight or too loose.  You don't want to be pulling up your pants as you are moving around.  You also don't want to be sticking your hand in the waistband trying to stretch it out.  Tops are just as important.  If your shirt is twisting around on you it may distract you while you are tugging it back.

I do have a problem with shorts riding up. They fit the waist just fine, but when I find myself constantly pulling down the leg of them then they get pulled from the rotation.  I want to focus on my breathing and my pace, not my clothes.

Also, if you have sensitive skin you may want to avoid the nylon track pants.  I have a tendency to get numb legs from the rubbing against it.  First time I thought it was a fluke.  After the second time I took them out of the rotation.  It is a beyond weird feeling.

And ladies, for goodness sake, get a good bra.  Today I saw a very well endowed woman in spandex who was using the lining as her bra.  NO. NO. NO!  No one wants to see that and it is SO not providing the support you need. If you are running around and jiggling side to side or up and down you most certainly do not have the support you need.  Duct tape them down if you have to.  It's only going to put a strain on your back and possibly poke an eye out.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts