Why you can do it too!

Hello beautiful people,

My heart is full tonight.  I stopped at the park after work for a 3 mile walk (only got to do 2 at lunch because I had to make a pit stop at Old Navy...HUGE Sweater sale!) and the place was packed full of walkers.  It was so great.  Young. Old.  Pairs.  Singles.  Moms with kids.  Grandfathers with grandkids.  It was beautiful. 

You can do it too.  That's what I'm trying to tell you.  I did not do this at a gym (I did start at one, but it was only for a year).  I did not do this with a trainer.  I did not do this with an eating program. I did this because I changed my life style.

Now I'm not saying that you should use any of those.  They are extremely helpful and maybe you need them to keep you in check and motivate you.  What I'm saying is that you can make the changes just by altering your habits.

It's not going to be easy. I'm not going to lie to you.  You're going to need to make big changes, but it's so worth it in the end.  When it comes to working out keep it consistent.  For me I would start something and plan on doing it 3 days a week.  And then I would find that I was missing it on those other days so I would extend it to 4 days a week and then 5.  I did this with workout dvds (Love the Biggest Loser ones..Hi Bob!) and with walking.  I have heard many times that you need to do something for 21 days in order to make it a habit.  So true.  So try it for three weeks. 

What does this mean?  Well if you are over extended and very busy, you will have to drop something.  It's that simple.  You may not like it, but tough.  If you are a couch potato and need motivation you're going to have to suck it up.  But, I can work with that.  Get a step or a stationary bike and plop it in front of the tv.  Work on it through your favorite show.  I had a 3 month period when I would get out the step and watch Sex and the City.  I was focusing so hard on the show that I barely noticed that I was exercising for a half hour. 

So now lets talk food.  I think this is the tougher one.  When you alter your intake you will no longer crave things.  It's true.  I heart chocolate!  I do.  But, if I avoid it for a week it's easier to say No.  When I first started the South Beach diet I thought I was going to die.  They want you to cut out caffeine. That first weekend I took my Godson to the movies.  I got a Sprite and promptly fell asleep.  How was I going to go through life without caffeine?  It took a long time, but I'm used to it now.

Make your meals count.  Don't rush through them.  Give them a thought.  Don't just stop somewhere fast because it's convenient.  Keep your kitchen stocked with healthy options.  Cut out the fast food. 

I've said it once and I'll say it again: PLAN AHEAD!  Sit down on Sunday night and look at your weekly schedule. Put in workouts.  Plan your meals.  And enjoy the new healthier you!

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com  

Comments

  1. Great work Jennie, you got this marathon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts