The Importance of a Good Playlist

When I promote walking, I want to make it clear that I am promoting FAST walking.  Not putzing around.  MOVE IT! The people that just lazily walk around the track annoy me.  Move over and get out of my way.  If you aren't getting your heart rate up, then you really aren't doing anything.
One of the ways that keeps me moving is a good playlist on my ipod. It's a wide variety of music and heavily edited.  If the beat does not make me move, it does not make the list.  There is nothing like a new fast beat to pick up my pace.  I'm going to share it with you and please feel free to let me know of any songs you like to move to.

Disco
   -Knock on Wood (Amy Stewart)
   -Shake your groove thing (KC and the Sunshine Band)
   -That's the way I like it (KC and the Sunshine Band)
   -You should be dancing (Bee Gees)
   -Stayin Alive (Bee Gees)

80's
   -My heart skips a beat (Cover Girls)
   -Simply Irresistable (Robert Palmer)
   -We connect (Stacey Q)
   -Two of hearts (Stacey Q)
   -Pump up the volume (MARRS)

90's
   -I like to move it
   -Tootsie Roll
   -Rockefeller Skank (Fatboy slim)
  
Country
   -Kerosene (Miranda Lambert)
   -Nothin' Better to do (LeAnn Rimes)
   -Swingin (LeAnn Rimes)
   -Giddy on up (Laura Lee Bell)
   -Sin Wagon (Dixie Chicks)

Pop
   -Whyyawannabringmedown (Kelly Clarkson)
   -I didn't steal your boyfriend (Ashlee Simpson)
   -Pump it (Black Eyed Peas)
   -Candyman (Christina Aguilera)
   -Let's get loud (Jennifer Lopez)
   -On the Floor (Jennifer Lopez)
   -Do it well (Jennifer Lopez)
   -Hot N Cold (Katy Perry)
   -Raise your glass (Pink)
   -Get the party started (Pink)
   -Please don't stop the music (Rhianna)
   -SOS (Rhianna)
   -Round and Round (Selena Gomez)
   -Switch (Will Smith)
   -Daisy Dukes (69 boys)
   -It's time for the perculator
   -Supermodel (Rupaul)
   -Music (Madonna)
   -Ray of Light (Madonna)
   -Born this way (Lady Gaga)

Hip-Hop
   -I know you want me (Pitbull)
   -The Anthem (Pitbull)
   -Krazy (Pitbull)
   -Culo "Miami mix" (Pitbull)
   -Hey Baby "drop it to the floor" (Pitbull)
   -Pause (Pitbull)

Reggae
   -Temperature (Sean Paul)
   -Get Busy (Sean Paul)

Latino
   -The cup of Life (Ricky Martin)
   -Livin La Vida Loca (Ricky Martin)

Bollywood
   -Jai Ho (Slumdog Millionare)

Alt Rock
   -Blister in the sun (Violent Femmes)
   -Go that Far (Brett Michaels)
   -How Far We've Come (Matchbox Twenty)

***************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions:

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts