Even the candles smell like food :-(

Happy Hump Day!

It's been a stressful week.  I have worked overtime the past two days.  I am beginning to feel like all I do is work and then go home and work some more.  Luckily, I have made it a point to go walking at the mall at lunch every day.  It has provided the relief I have needed to go on with my day.  I was able to exert myself physically and give my mind the break it so sorely needed.  Try it.  You'll like it.

Yesterday one of my socks slipped down in my sneaker and I could feel the rub of a blister starting.  It would have been so easy to skip walking today because of that. "Why risk permanent damage?  It's best to just relax and do nothing.  Just to be safe of course."  Instead, I just grabbed a different pair of socks this morning.  They have a higher ankle so there are no excuses.  :-)

As I was walking I was struck by something else.  There are way too many candles that smell like food.  Both Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works have displays for their Yummy scents.  I saw a Cinnamon sugar donut candle today.  Just shoot me now.  It's probably best not to burn them if you are hungry.  Or if you have a sweet tooth.  And now I feel like a hypocrite because I am constantly buying yummy scented candles for presesents.  I am sorry Mrs. Anderson.  I will buy you a new birthday present I promise. I vow to never purchase another food scented candle.  Who's with me?

And speaking of food, tomorrow is that postponed happy hour that I was looking forward to so much.  I like to think of it as Soft Pretzel Heaven Happy Hour.  I kind of forgot that it was tomorrow and had made plans to go out to lunch tomorrow too.  So I won't be working out and I won't be making either meal. To make up for it I will be hitting the park on my way home.  If I can get another 3 miles in tonight then it will count for tomorrow.  As far as the food is concerned, I am a little nervous.  We haven't picked where we are going for lunch yet.  The reuben place was named as a possibility, but I had to say no.  I cannot do a reuben and a soft pretzel in one day.  I think I can steer her somewhere healthy.  Dinner could be the big problem.  The bar is at the mall so I may be able to run over to subway and grab something decent rather than stuff my face with greasy bar food.  I still have a day to plan.  Wish me luck.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts