Beach Trip

Greeting from the Delaware Beaches.

So it's been a fun fun day.  But, as any beach trip is, it has been full of temptations at every turn.  I drove down last night so that I could go to the gym before I hit the beach. Very proud of that.  And I did get up early and head over.  I got a good hour in on the treadmill and that is saying something. Whoever designed this fitness center is cruel.  The treadmill faces the pool.  Oh it's pretty, but seriously, who wants to run on the treadmill while people are lounging around the pool.  I had planned on an hour, but after twenty minutes I was coming up with excuses "Well your knees hurt so you should really take it easy." and "Thirty minutes is just as good as sixty. No one has to know."  However, as soon as I hit the thirty minute mark I knew I was going for the full hour.  The mental battle is way worse than the physical one.

I came home and showered before going back out.  I made it a point to load the cooler with bottles of water and crystal light.  This is still new to me.  Is there anything better on a hot hot day than a cold cold Coke?  Do not be fooled people.  That is the WORST thing.  I'm sorry to break it to you.  Your body's reaction to heat is bloating and swelling.  What else causes that?  Salt.  Don't hate me.  But, if you don't want that extra bloating in your bathing suit (argh...that will be another day) then stay away from the coke and chips at the Beach/Pool.  Water!  Water! Water!

After the fun in the sun it was time for a little miniature golf with my nephew.  Loser buys the ice cream.  We got there at 4:30 and it's unlimited play until 5.  It was hilarious. We played speed golf and finished up with five minutes to spare. So we went back for our second game.  It's amazing how much better you play when you slow down.  There's a life lesson in there.  Slow down and focus. You'll have much better results.

Needless to say I won :-)  But, of course I wasn't about to let a ten-year-old pay for my ice cream.  I had already planned on getting sugar-free ice cream. (Please note, they only had one flavor of sugar-free, but it's great to know it's an option).  I am proud of myself and mad at myself.  The boy does not like ice cream.  WHAT?  So he asked if he could have french fries instead.  I couldn't say no, but the whole time I'm thinking how good they will taste. So of course I said sure.  I didn't have cash with me and the fries were at a different window than the ice cream.  The ice cream window has a $5 minimum for cards.  A two scoop is only $4.75.  I was getting so frustrated. I just wanted one scoop of sugar-free.  Toppings were $0.50 so I decided to get two scoops with a topping. But, I didn't want to ruin it by putting a sugary topping on.  Thank goodness for coconut shavings.  It was still way more ice cream than I really wanted, but I did not eat all of it.  Go me!  AND I only had 5 fries. Kind of proud of myself.

So then we come home and it's time for dinner.  I promised my dad I would give him a shout out.  And I will.  He makes the BEST burgers in the world.  They are my favorite.  I used to eat 2 and really want a third.  But, I have to be smart now.  So I got the smallest burger on the tray and put it on a wheat roll with mustard  OH delicious.

Today could have been a disaster. It also could have been better (I did not have as much veggies as I would have liked). And as I write this there is a table full of desserts to my left.  I will let you know later how I deal with that...I could walk away, but there is chocolate peanut butter pie....

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com 

Comments

Popular Posts