Busy night in the kitchen

Good morning Beautiful People (yes, I am talking to you!),

Last night got a little crazy in the kitchen and I wanted to share it with you, because this is what my life is like now.  It's a good thing, I promise.

Since I did not get to go grocery shopping Sunday night before I came home, I had to stop last night.  I went to the Super Target like I usually do and took my list with me.  STICK TO THE LIST!  It's the same list practically every week with a few variations:

Yogurt
Cheesesticks
Baby Spinach
Carrots
Grape tomatoes
Cucumber
sliced turkey
Chicken
shredded cheese
skim milk
turkey burgers
whole wheat pasta

Naturally I was so focused on avoiding the Halloween candy aisles (THE BAIN OF MY EXISTANCE) that I forgot that I also wanted fabric softener.  But, that's a small price to pay. Also, please note that I chose the aisle without the candy to check out because I did not want to buy a bar and eat it.  I am getting stronger thanks to you :-)

When I got home I was starving.  I needed to make dinner, pack my lunch, unload the dishwasher, and unload my groceries.  It's easy to get started right away when there are groceries to unload.  But, often I come home and just want to sit down.  Don't do it.  If you sit down it's just going to take you longer to get back up.  Walk right into the kitchen and get started.

Since I was starving and my pasta had to cook I needed to munch on something.  I always keep carrots and hummus so that I am at least snacking on something light and tasty.  Stay away from the chips.  They will not fill you up no matter how good they are.

Along with my pasta I made a salad.  Sadly I did not like the new dressing I got.  It was not the balsamic vinaigrette I usually get and it was gross.  So now I have to go back to the store before tonight's salad.  Luckily I can pick up that fabric softener too...let's just hope I stay away from the candy bars.


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts