Waffles, football, and Racing

It's sunday and that means Football! 

After yesterday's exciting and exhausting feat I decided to take today off from walking. My feet hurt for 8 hours yesterday and I did not want to push it on my knee.  So the plan was to work my abs and lift some weights tonight.  I have been neglecting my weights and abs and really need to get back on it.  Now that I KNOW that I can walk the full 13.1 I can get back on my weight training.

The day started fairly well.  I had my whole-wheat waffles with fresh blueberries and light syrup for breakfast.  Oh yeah, it was good.  After church there was a coffee hour celebrating 50 years of marriage of two fellow worshippers (Congrats!).  I was very excited to see the platters of fruit and veggies mixed in with the delicious pastries.  I loaded up on fruit and carrots (and two cream puffs...shhh). 

I received a 911 text this morning from a friend who quit smoking last month and has gained 10+ pounds and wanted my advice.  So we planned to meet up for lunch and watch the Eagles game at the bar.  Not the wisest decision.  Sure it was fun to watch the game with a bunch of people on multiple TVs, but the specials were on pizza and wings.  Yeah, we got one of each to split.  Now let me say that the slices of pizza are smaller than my hand and we each had about 6 wings.  Technically we didn't eat that much, but it was greasy and made my belly hurt (it did not sit well with me). Let me add that I asked if there could be a special on salads next week and was told Yes :-)  You just gotta ask people!

We discussed ways to help her.  I suggested Yoga and she liked it.  Her body is going through withdrawal and stress.  This should help a little.  We also made plans to meet up tomorrow night to walk.  It may only be for a mile, but that's a start.  Let me add that I was very proud of the attitude: The weight we can lose, but the lungs are hard to replace. 

***Side note - I have never smoked so I have never had to quit, if you have any advice to help her please let me know***

Something came up and we left before the end of the game.  Since the Eagles were up by a lot I decided to run to the store to get my veggies for the week.  YEAH.  I got my stuff for salads, my cheerios for breakfast, and NO chocolate!

When I got home I was flipping back and forth between the Ravens game and the IndyCar race.  And then my heart plummeted.  There was a horrific crash in Vegas and one of the drivers was air lifted to the nearest hospital.  For two hours I watched, prayed, and waited.  My heart was breaking and I just didn't feel like lifting or working my abs.  Sadly, one of the biggest talents in IndyCar passed away today. Dan Wheldon won the Indy 500 this year and was an amazing talent.  He will be sorely missed. It hurts when a sport that brings me so much joy also rips my heart out.  Quite frankly I haven't felt like doing anything.  It was an effort to get up and make dinner.  Life is so fragile.  Make every day count!

Since my belly hurts from lunch and from sadness I wanted to make it a light dinner.  No matter how bad I feel, skipping a meal is not a good decision.  I had some Jennie-O turkey hot dogs and green beans. Some comfort food.  I'm also drinking a ton of water today.  I know my body is still recovering from yesterday.

On that note I want to give two shout-outs:

1-To my Partner-in-Crime Ariana who competed in a half-marathon today and had her best time.  ROCK ON SISTER

2-To my Daddy who said he would pay my half-marathon registration fee.  YEAH


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts