The Gobbler is back!

Happy Sunday!

Sundays are traditionally my day off.  I have not walked since last Saturday and it's killing me.  I could probably go out today and walk since the snow has stopped.  Argh...still can't believe I had to clear off my car to go to Church this morning. 

The good news is that I really feel much better.  I still woke up coughing and stuffy, but It was way better than the last week.  I think I may be kicking this thing finally.  I know I need to get used to walking in the cold and today certainly counts, but I'm going to wait and walk tomorrow at the mall. This is a really hard decision for me, but I would rather take precautions.

I've mentioned before that it takes 3 weeks to make something a habit.  Unfortunately, it takes less than that to drop a habit.  My body is remembering the laziness.  The Former Fat Girl feels like she's trying to make a come back.  Remember me?  You used to love being lazy.  You used to love laying around watching movies and doing nothing.  Just one day.  Come on. You can do it.

I spent most of the day yesterday writing, but I did make sure that I got up and walked around the apartment a lot.  I should have drank more water, but it is cold and our heat is not working..argh.  They are coming tomorrow to look at it.  I drank a lot of hot drinks yesterday.  They were water based so that's gotta count for something.

I will admit that yesterday was not one of my better days.  Just as eating too much is bad for you, not eating enough is just as bad.  For lunch I made the Boca chicken patty with sauce and cheese again. It's so tasty, but that was it.  I didn't have anything with it.  For dinner I had a soy burger and some veggies.  Between the two it was only 500 calories.  NOT Good.  Sure I had the mini candy bars earlier, but that is not good.  I didn't do it on purpose, but the past two days haven't been fun.  I thought I was having heartburn, but I think I have acid reflux.  So eating has been sucky.  It's felt like someone was sitting on my chest for a half hour after I eat.

I was hungry all day though.  So I ate animal crackers.  I didn't think I ate that many, but when I looked at it this morning half of the bag was gone.  Oops.  Don't eat and write!  I got in the zone and didn't pay attention.  haha.

So fast forward to today and I needed to do something.  After church I was going to go to Panera for a soup bowl.  Nothing tastes better on a cold day than the Bread Bowls at Panera.  I changed my mind while I was driving though.  I definitely needed something heartier.  I did not want to be hungry all day again.  So I stopped at Wawa and was going to get a small turkey hoagie.  It's football day and I wanted something fun. Then I saw it!  The Gobbler is back....my eyes glazed over and I started to salivate.  It's my favorite!  Hot turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy on a hoagie roll.  I got it on wheat and it was only 6 inches.  I quickly texted my Gobbler buddy to tell him (he's also my Shamrock shake buddy) and his first response: Is that allowed by your blog?  Shut up Kenny!  I want one! :-)

It was so good.  My belly is full and I can put the animal crackers away.  The good news is that I haven't felt the heaviness on my chest so I think it was from all of the coughing.  Either that or my body is rejecting Soy...we'll find out after dinner tonight.

On a fun note I wanted to share something.  I have a lot of form fitting shirts that I have been reluctant to wear with jeans.  Generally I would wear them with the lounge pants or my "fat" jeans.  The past few weeks have been awesome though.  I have found myself wearing them with jeans. For thirty years I only wore jeans with sweatshirts or sweaters that covered the waist line.  Today I caught myself staring at my reflection.  It's taking a lot to get used to this new body, but it's so exciting. 

Have a wonderful day.  You deserve it!

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts