Sexy dress and Thanksgiving Plans

Hello Beautiful People,

Today started off extremely awesome.  This whole week has kind of been my A-HA week.  Once I was able to get through some emotional and physical boundaries my body relaxed and I felt skinny.  Okay, not completely skinny, but I finally felt like I had broken through my plateau.

I have been looking at my body this week.  REALLY looking at it.  And I see it getting smaller.  So I wanted to try something.  A few years ago I bought this really pretty wrap dress on clearance for $12.  I didn't look great in it at the time, but I bought it while I was on a good losing streak.  Unfortunately, I gained more weight before I could fit in to it nicely.  I tried it on a few months ago and still was not happy with it.  This morning was different.  I freakin ROCKED IT!  I could not believe it.  It took three years, but I did it.  So now I have to figure out where to wear it.  Who wants to go out to dinner?  haha.  I will probably just wear it to work.  I would have worn today, but it was windy and I knew I was walking at lunch so that was out.   I was on such a high all morning.

At lunch I went out walking and I really am my worst enemy when I walk.  Why?  Because an hour is a long time to spend in your brain.  It gives me plenty of time to doubt myself.  No matter how good I am doing I still have that stupid fat devil sitting on my shoulder. I think that's the hardest part of walking.  It's not so much how my body will fare on long distances, it's about the battle with my mind.  And it's exhausting.

Last night I found out that our plans for Thanksgiving are on.  My family goes to the Outerbanks every year and it's my favorite thing to do.  We weren't sure if we were going to make it this year because everyone is spread out and has a lot going on.  Thankfully it's a go.  I was super happy last night.  It is one of my favorite places and such a serene place to spend several days. The house is right on the beach and it's awesome.

It's also very hard on me.  There is so much food it's crazy.  The first year I went I had started the South Beach diet the week before.  I think I had lost my mind.  I actually had done fairly well though and lost weight over Thanksgiving.  A big shout out to my Mommie who made sure I had plenty of South Beach snacks and food for the weekend.  She's a great supporter :-)

I've been in better shape since then and I'm pretty good at resisting, but it is darn hard. The house is filled with my younger cousins and I believe the theme for the weekend is always Sugar Sugar and more Sugar.  Ice cream. Chocolate covered Pretzels. Doughnuts. Homemade Pie. Cookies. Soda.  Whipped Cream. I'm going into a sugar coma just thinking about it.

Usually I end up sleeping in the loft which is right over the kitchen.  Do you know how easy it is to sneak down there when everyone has gone to bed and eat?  I do.  I'm not proud of it. I never had anything big, but I would sneak down in the dark for a couple oreos.  That's how bad I am. I sneak for the tiniest cheat.  Argh.

The food is always out and someone is always eating something.  I try to go out and walk on the beach as much as I can, but I can only avoid the food for so long.  Now it's important to share that there are just as many healthy options, but it's hard to focus on them when all of the goodies are there.  I feel like I'm on sensory overload.

As I was walking today, the fat devil on my shoulder started in on me about how I'm probably going to cave and gain some weight.  It's two days in the car and two days in a house full of treats.  It's not a good combination.  I just have to be smart about it. Let's hope the weather is nice.  I will be outside as much as possible :-)

I think I will just bring my wrap dress as incentive :-)  It is a great Date Dress...so Tony Stewart Call Me!  :-)

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts