The Tortoise and the Senior Citizen

I hope you had a good day and made some awesome healthy choices.

Today was full of temptations.  In the previous post I talked about the food at work, but I totally won that battle.  I drank my 60 ounces of water at work.  I ate my Special K for breakfast.  I ate my low-fat peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole grain bread.  I ate my yogurt, cheese stick, and carrots for my snacks.  I walked at the mall at lunch.  YEAH.  Good day.

Then I stopped at the park on the way home.  I'm getting sad because it's getting darker early and I'm not going to be able to do 5 miles at night outside next week :-(  The place was packed tonight and it was awesome.  I got out there and was setting my pace.  Even though I hit up the ladies room before I left work I had to go again.  Argh.  I did not want to use the Men's room again.  Bonus!  The Women's room was open.  Quick stop and I was back on track.  Pun intended.  haha.

So when I walk I like to have someone in front of me to push me.  I get a little kick out of passing someone.  Usually it's a senior citizen at the park (hey it's all I've got, don't judge!).  Tonight I had this one lady that I had been pacing.  I had closed in on her after 3 laps.  I was excited.  And then just as I was coming up on her she exited the track to leave.  I screamed internally.  Something is seriously wrong with me.  Haha. (It's okay to judge now).

Anyway, as I was closing in on mile 4 for the night it was getting dark. I was contemplating going home. Then I took off my sunglasses.  DOH.  I'm a dummy.  I stayed out for 5 miles!  Go me!  Oh it gets better.  I sprinted the last stretch on the last two laps.  YEAH!  Wait, there's more.  Even with the potty break, I shaved 2 minutes off of my 5 mile pace! 

When I got home I packed my lunch while I made my dinner: Turkey burger with guacamole, mixed veggies, and a salad.  It's one of my favorite meals.  Of course you could put guacamole on just about anything and I would eat it.  Plus it's good for you.  Check out the wholly guacamole 100 calorie packs.  They rock!te

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts