It's sweater time...big bulky fat covering sweater time

Happy Monday Beautiful People (yes you!),

As you can imagine today was a recovery day for me.  We had taken today off in case Nascar had to postpone yesterday's race.  Well that, and I know I am always toast the day after the race.  I wish I could go every week.  I always have such a great time.  And I always walk a million miles that day.

I had a sweet little bonus this morning.  Yesterday I bought a new Tony Stewart shirt.  Sports licensed shirts run notoriously small for women.  And quite frankly I don't understand that.  It's not an extremely flattering marketing ploy.  What woman wants to think that they fit in a larger size?  And what woman wants to think they are even too big for a XL. I mean a XL looks like a normal child's XL.  Not cool.  Anyway, the shirt that I wanted was not available in XL.  I was forced to get a L.  I figured it would be my incentive shirt.  Joke's on me.  IT FIT!  I was so excited.  I wasn't planning on wearing it today, but I did.  And I look darn cute in it.

I look so cute that we stopped at the boardwalk to take some pictures with the ocean in the background.  It was a beautiful morning.  The sun was shining and it was nice and warm.  Ahh...  I had a meeting tonight and I am really tired so I will download the pictures this week.

On our way home we wanted to go to our favorite place to eat.  We didn't get to have our margaritas this weekend, but we could still have Southwest Grill.  Welcome to Moe's!  Oh how I love Moe's...let me count the way.  Burritos.  Fajitas.  Tacos. Quesadillas. Nachos.  Yum.  I had been getting the kids meals to limit the badness, but this was counting as my breakfast and lunch (VERY bad I know).  I splurged.  I wanted the pulled pork quesadilla.  They now offer whole wheat tortillas so I got that.  I also had them include some peppers, onions, and salsa.  I got my sour cream on the side.  If you dip your forks in it first before you take your bite it limits the amount you eat, but you still get some of it.

I did get a little annoyed while we were there though.  They had signs everywhere about how fresh the food is and how good for you it is.  The vegetables are fresh.  The chicken and steak are cooked daily.  The tortilla chips are fried daily. Wait.  What?  Did they really just say that?  Anything fried is NOT good for you.  That did not stop me from eating them (not all of them though), but I was angry that they would market them as good for you.  Don't be fooled!

When I got home I took no time to rest before I pulled out the winter clothes and put away the summer.  Yesterday was just too cold.  It was hard.  I wanted to get rid of some clothes that are on the larger size.  But, I don't really mean larger.  Just one size bigger than I am right now and they still fit sort of. I should get rid of them.  But, the former fat girl is screaming "You know you are going to gain it back this winter.  Can you really afford a new wardrobe in the spring?".  I packed them :-(  I am hopeful that they will be way too big in the spring, but the girl who lives paycheck to paycheck couldn't take the risk of getting rid of them.

Since I had Moe's for brunch I needed to make it better tonight.  So I made a salad.  It felt good.  I did make sure I stopped to get groceries on my way home.  If I didn't then I know it could have been "Bad decision" monday.  Luckily I can't call it that now.

I had a meeting a church tonight.  I really really wanted to skip it and just climb in bed.  My legs are starting to get really sore from the stairs yesterday (Still very proud of myself on that one :-)  The meeting was about a program that I'm really excited about so I went.  I would have been very easy for me to skip this post tonight when I got home.  And I wanted to.  I really hated telling you about my quesadilla after yesterday's sucky choices.  But, I know that my telling you this will make me better decisions this week.


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts