Recognizing my new body

 Hello Sunshines,

I can't stop looking in mirrors and at my reflection.  :-)  While I still have a little way to go, I have broken through my plateau thanks to this blog.  I am in the 140's!  OH YEAH!  WOO WOO.  And I am wearing size 8 jeans.  My goal is to be in a 6 by Christmas.  It's definitely do-able.  Of course I would like to drop it immediately, but it'll be easier to keep off if I take it slow. Plus, I want to firm it up as I get smaller.

I have always had nice legs (thank you Hilda!).  They've always been on the muscular side.  No matter how heavy I got I always got compliments when I would wear skirts and heels.  If anyone would ask "what is the one thing about yourself that you wouldn't change?" The answer would be my legs.

Joke's on me.  They have changed.  They are thinner.  For the past five years I had been doing a lot of squats building up the muscles in my thighs.  I had a tremendous muscle in the back of my thigh.  It was awesome.  I loved looking at it in the mirror.  Since I've been focused on the walking though, they have completely thinned out.  If only they would get longer too...Drink your milk kids!

When you add my new round butt it's a whole new lower half.  Oh yeah, I still check out the butt every chance I get.  And let me just say that it's even better than when I first mentioned it.  It's getting darn close to the "future butt" :-)

The Belly is still my weak spot, but it is getting smaller too.  I get a little frustrated because it doesn't look like it is shrinking compared to everything else.  Then I stop and think about it.  If they are getting smaller and it is the same proportion as it was before, then it is getting smaller too :-)  I am wearing smaller jeans with sweaters that come down to my waist, not sweaters that hang down to my butt.  It's pretty incredible.

My arms are in great shape.  My back is thinner.  Even my feet are smaller.  I have gone down a whole size and a half.  That was very weird at first.  I had to get rid of a bunch of shoes because they were too big.  Last week I actually tried on two pairs that were 6.5's.  Wow.

One thing I have heard a lot this past year is "Look how thin your face got!".  I never thought of my face as fat, but I look back at pictures and it was quite round...and I had the double chin whenever I smiled.  I had a fat face.  Dang it.  Yep, it's a skinny face now. I have dimples! You never really saw them before.  

So now there are a lot of summer clothes on clearance that I'm itching to buy.  The problem is I don't know what size to get.  It's a good problem.  So I'm not buying anything.  I called my mom one day while I was at Target because they had some really cute workout clothes on clearance. She talked me out of buying anything and said "You know that next summer you will be in a small and they always have lots of smalls on the sale rack."  They do!  I can't wait for that to happen.  :-)


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts