It's snowing in October and The Christmas trees are up in Target...Um...

Yup...it's snowing...in October...I left Syracuse 16 years ago..what the heck!

There will be no walking today, but I will do a workout at home...once I warm up and dry out.  It's icky out there and I have the urge to climb back into bed and just be lazy today.  Sounds good doesn't it?  The Former Fat Girl would have done it.  The new Fit girl won't though. 

This morning I woke up to footsteps and whispers...Shhh...Aunt Jennie is sleeping be quiet!  Would have worked too, if that was said in a soft whisper, not the loud one that I heard.  So I got up.  Immediately they wanted to play the Great Pumpkin board game again...okay, it's a fun game.  We play for a little while before their mom comes home from her bootcamp class.  She pulls out two little Halloween bags with mini-candy bars.  She earned them in class.  ***Now I'm not even going to go off about how bad that is to reward hard exercise work with candy because you know what I'm thinking***.  The kids poured them out and my eyes got huge.  They each had a mini 100 Grand.  MY PRECIOUS!  I must have gotten a glazed look in my eyes as I practically shoved the kids aside.  I WANT!  I WANT!  I ate them both before I realized I had not even eaten breakfast yet.  ARGH.  Mad at myself now.

We went to Target for a quick spin and it was quite an experience.  First of all, I had to clear the slush off of my car...argh.  Once inside we made a plan.  We each had some things on our lists.  Sadly, the first section was the Halloween/Christmas section.  Oh yeah, you heard me.  They already have the Christmas trees and ornaments up.  The plan was to get some candy for Halloween night.  We wanted to get stuff that we won't eat.  The problem is that my body started to shake.  I practically salivated at the kit-kats and reece's peanut butter cups...mmm...  I was good though.  I did not get any.  I almost caved at the pumpkin spice hershey kisses.  I have not had them and really wanted to try them.  I wold hold off for the peppermint ones at Christmas though.

We looked at some workout clothes for the marathon.  I wanted to try on a a jacket, but I was wearing a sweatshirt so I will have to go back for it.  Oh and that reminds me.  We made a plan this morning.  The weekend before the Marathon is the Reindeer Run at the local YMCA.  It's a 5K.  I'm going to sign up today for it.  I figure it will be a good practice for me to see how the clothing is and how I do with crowds to start off with.  I'm kind of excited. ** in fact I just took a break and registered**

After looking at clothes we headed downstairs for some food.  I got a few staples. I knew that I would be home for most of the day because of the ickiness outside and I resisted the urge to buy snacks.  I did allow myself some popsicles and animal crackers as a treat.  I'm proud.  I very easily could have talked myself into some bad decisions.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts