Hola, did someone say Baby Shower?

Happy Friday.  Go ahead and let out a big sigh.  The big sucky week is over. I feel so bad.  Just about everyone I talked to today had horrible things to say about this week.  Usually that's me, but this week was just kind of blah and tiring for me.  So if you've had a bad week just take a deep breath and relax.  It's over and the weekend is upon us.  Can I got a Holla?  :-)

Today we had a surprise baby shower at work.  I've wanted to write about it all week, but as it is a surprise I could not.  Happy Baby Day Tracey!  When the sign up sheet came around everyone had signed up to bring something sweet.  I wanted to die.  I immediately signed up to bring veggies.

All week I knew this day was coming and it really did help me say NO to sweets.  No, you can't have that chocolate.  You can have a cupcake on Friday.  Don't you dare have that candy, you can have a cookie on Friday. I resisted all week.

Let me tell you how today went.  As we got closer to 2 o'clock my brain started to malfunction.  I almost started to shake at the idea of all of the goodness that was going to be in front of me.  I neatly put together my carrots and my cucumber with Bacon Bacon sprinkled on it and dutifully walked towards the party.  I could smell the sugar from a room away. 

I walked in to the room and here is what I saw: Cupcakes, mini cheesecakes, cookies, coconut macaroons, brownies, toffee, brownies, and Ice cream cake.  I very causally put down my veggies and dove in.  My plan was to have one of each.  My cupcake was bite sized.  I fell in love with the macaroons and actually had a few of those so I passed on the cheesecake and brownies.  My slice of ice cream cake was small.  And of course I had a bunch of veggies in between.  Want to know what happened?  I felt sick all afternoon.  I honestly did not have that much, but I have cleansed my system of all things sweet and I felt sick.  It's a good thing I guess.  Doesn't mean I didn't consider hitting up the table with the leftovers, but I only picked up carrots from it.

Fast forward ahead a couple of hours: while I was on my way to dinner we came up with a new plan.  The call was for Mexican.  I had visions of burritos, quesadillas, and Nachos dancing in my head during the whole drive...sigh. When I got there I got very excited.  They had a Tango Mango chicken salad: mixed greens, chicken, salsa, mangos, and almonds.  All good stuff.  I felt very happy with that decision.  We'll even let it slide that we heard "Last Christmas" on the radio while we were there...BOOOO...NOT READY!

So now the question is what do I do tomorrow?  I think we can all agree that I am tired.  I have pushed it for so long.  I really really want to sleep in.  But, I really need a walk too.  I checked with my walking partner and she can't make it.  So I'm going for the sleep in.  I think my body is extremely happy about this.  I will plan on a walk after lunch.  It's going to throw me off, but when your body is tired you really need to listen. 

PS-I would have called out today and slept in if not for the Baby shower.  I could NOT get out of bed this morning.  Now who wants to bet that I wake up at 7am because my brain wants to go walk? hahaha...I will scream if that happens!

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts