Sweatshirts...a Fat Girl's Best Friend

The Former Fat Girl in me is all excited about the cooler weather.  That usually means it's sweatshirt time!  You know sweatshirt time, it's a Fat Girl's best friend.  You can hide anything in a sweatshirt!  Or so I thought.

This weekend I came across two sweatshirts from the Fat Girl's past that I want to tell you about.  First, let me just say that during my Fat years my wardrobe was 90% sweatshirt.  Second, let me also say that it is a very hard habit to break (bought two more this weekend...smaller though :-)

The first sweatshirt I came across was an old one from college.  I found it in my dad's closet. I borrowed it, sorry Dad I'll bring it back though, because I want to take a picture wearing it.  OMG it is HUGE.  It's a XXL.  OH, but wait there's more.  That's a Men's XXL.  I used to wear sweatshirts this size in college.  Why?  Because when you wear clothes that big it totally makes you look smaller.  Um...WRONG.  But, that's what the Former Fat Girl thought.  No one would know just how fat I was as long as I was draped in a bigger sweatshirt.

And oh yeah I would wear the XXL with tight pants.  Like I was fooling anyone.  No matter how thin your legs look, if you are wearing a ginormous sweatshirt people know!  So don't cover that muffin-top with the giant sweatshirt.  It's not worth cutting off the circulation when you sit down.  Trust me.  Been there, done that.

The second sweatshirt was a Christmas gift from a boyfriend five years ago.  I love him for this, but when he gave me a Medium Eagles sweatshirt I just about died.  I thanked him and then when I was alone I cried. I could not even squeeze myself into it.  I kept it though as incentive. Soon after I got it is when I started working out.  By the following Christmas I could squeeze into it.  It was not the most flattering, but I could wear it.  Now, it's just right :-)

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts