Friday, October 7, 2011

Bagels, Donuts, and Traffic Oh My!

Happy Friday!

So every Friday there is a group at work that rotates bringing in breakfast.  Today the menu was Dunkin' Donuts and bagels.  I am not a part of this group because I can't rely on someone else to bring me breakfast.  It's one thing I can control.  I keep a bowl and cereal at work and have that for breakfast.

My desk used to be close to the table where they would put the breakfast.  Ugh.  It was awful.  I would love nothing better than to eat a bagel every week.  I won't though.  That's one of the reasons I got fat in the first place.  There was time when I would have a bagel for breakfast and then have a bagel sandwich for lunch.  My mom and I used to love this place (still do) Chesapeake Bagel Bakery.  We would use our coupons for six free bagels when you buy a dozen.   We got a bagel cutter and would cut them then freeze them.  Sometimes I would melt cheese and butter on a jalapeno cheddar bagel.  My mouth still waters at the thought.  Oh yeah, that would be a snack or sometimes dinner.  Definitely delicious, but not the best option.  Is it any wonder how I gained so much weight?

Anyway, this mornings breakfast was on a table that I have to pass to walk to the bathroom.  ARGH.  Those donuts and munchkins were out all day.  I saw a chocolate frosted one sitting in the box just staring at me.  Seriously, who doesn't pick that as their donut?  It's the best freakin kind!

I did not grab the donut.  I just kept walking. I filled up my water bottle and just drank and drank and drank.  Which of course meant that I had to go to the bathroom again.  It was a vicious cycle. 

It was a stressful day.  I was very busy at work and actually needed the bathroom breaks to get me up and moving around. Let me just say that today we started an imaginary bell system every hour.  My pod-mates and I would celebrate and raise our hangs ringing an imaginary bell every hour.  We were celebrating that there was one less hour to go before 5 o'clock.  Yep, it was that kind of day. 

I did make sure I went to the mall to walk and felt good about that.  I could have taken today off.  My legs were sore and I'm going to try for the full 13.1 miles tomorrow, but I wanted to get a walk in.  My pace was a little bit off, but I still did my 3 miles.

After work I was stuck in gridlock.  On a good day I can be home in 40 minutes.  Tonight it took me 90.  I was antsy and frustrated.  My dinner got canceled (not that I would have made it anyway) and I could not decide what to do for dinner.  I could go grab something, but I do have food at home.  So I did the smart thing and came home.  I made a salad and some wheat pasta.  I did resist stopping for chocolate.  I thought about it.  It REALLY thought about it.  I was good though.

The crazy thing about today is that since I wasn't walking in the park tonight, I had considered pulling out my step during the Phillies game and using that for an hour or so.  My body is craving it.  I won't risk it though. I really want to see how much I can do tomorrow.  Listen closely for the shouts of joy.  That will be me when I run through the imaginary finish line :-)

****Please note***

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

No comments:

Post a Comment