Betty White is so cute.

 Happy Saturday!  Only 7 weeks to go!

After last week's 13.1 miles the plan was to go for 10 today and work on my speed. I truly needed to sleep in today.  My body had other plans.  I woke up early, like I knew I would...argh.  Instead of getting up and heading to the track I decided to lay around and finish my book instead.  I could walk later in the day.

So I did. I finished my book (the Betty White book...she's so awesome) and headed out.  I headed to a booksale for some Christmas presents and then it was time for my walk.  Since I was getting a later start I decided to go to the park instead of the track.  I didn't want to get there and find out that there was a game or something and I couldn't walk.

I got started and immediately my brain wanted to call it off and go home.  I'm telling you, the battle is almost always mental. I knew I just needed to get through the first 5 miles though.  Once I hit the halfway mark I'm always good to go.  I just have to get in the zone.

I could have stopped at 5 miles.  I know that.  But, it's hard to only do 5 on the weekend.  I have to at least have an 8 mile day.  And you know when I get to 8 I can talk myself into 10.  So you might be asking why am I so hard on myself?  Why can't I relax and be happy with 5?  Well that's easy.  I have to be hard on myself now because I never was before.

I am in the best shape I have ever been in, but I was close to this a few years ago and I slipped back.  If I don't keep it up I will gain it back. I know I will.  This is a lifestyle change.  When I get to my target I will slow it down a little.  It's a very exhausting pace.  I will never be able to stop though.  This is who I am now.  :-)

My time for my first 5 miles was awesome.  I shaved time off.  The thought to stop did occur to me.  I really needed to eat.  I did pack a sandwich to eat after the walk, but since I got started so late I needed to eat it earlier.  The problem is: as long as I am moving I am fine. As soon as I stop it is so hard to start back up again.  I needed to do this though. So I stopped for my sandwich and got back out there.  My second five was my regular time. I knew it would be.  Rest was not my friend.  It took a little bit to get back in the groove.

With two miles to go my feet started screaming.  I pushed through it though.  And here I sit soaking them.  Once again my plans for tonight get postponed. :-(  I don't know why I bother. So from here on out there are no Saturday night plans until the Marathon. haha.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts