Tuesday Randomness


Happy Tuesday Bleeps!

Well yesterday I mentioned that I had a lot of randomness to discuss.  So let the randomness begin.
How are you doing with Daylight Savings Time?  I did not adjust well. I usually never have a problem, but this time I did.  And I know why.  My body is on a schedule.  It has a routine.  Changing it up sucked.   I did not have a problem right away.  My alarm was set to get up for church and that's a good thing.  I had a schedule to keep.  That night I was late to my church discussion because I was waiting for the dark sky as a signal to head out. Oops.  Okay, no big deal.  The problem started on Monday.  My bathroom schedule was thrown off. And you know what I'm referring to.  BAH.  I was like that all week.  Which meant I was gassy and bloated. 

I thought something was wrong with me.  No one else looking at my body would see the difference, but I did.  I talked about it with Gym Buddy Lisa (GBL) one night and she suggested it was my body reacting to my knees.  This could be.  My knees were hurting.  But, I figured it out.  I'm happy to report I'm back on schedule and feeling much better :-)

Now of course I wish this translated to how I feel about fitting rooms.  I swear, no matter how good I am feeling about myself, those damn fitting room mirrors are a reality check.  Forget the term "going postal".  I'm starting "Going fitting room mirrored".  On my way to pick up Grandma on Friday I ran into Walmart because I realized that it was going to be 80 degrees and I forgot to pack shorts.  I walked in and found a pair of jean shorts.  Then I saw a cute emerald green top.  I wanted a medium, but they only had a large.  I passed by the bathing suits.  Too soon?  I found a tankini top that I really liked.  So I took it in to try it on.  BAH.  Why do I do this to myself?  The shorts and top were cute.  The top was too big, but I got it anyway in case I wanted to wear it for St. Patty's day.  The tankini top? UGH.  I am still having the problem with clothes.  If it fits my boobs it's too big for my belly.  If it fits my belly it's too dang small for my boobs. 

The good news is that since I didn't wear the shorts and shirt, I took them back to Walmart today.  In their place I got the Push Up Stands to help me prep for my Fitness Competition.  GO ME!  Oh and I got bananas and protein bars.

And speaking of protein bars...I had my first casualty of the Spring season yesterday.  My gym bag was in the car all day.  When I went into the locker room I found that my protein bar had melted.  Eww.  I let it sit during my workout and it had cooled by the time I was done, thankfully.  So now they are to be kept in my pocketbook in the office all day.

Okay, I have confessed before and I'll confess again.  I am a terrible sneak eater.  I love hanging at my Aunt's house.  I really do.  Good family.  Good food.  Good times.  Good dishes of candy.  I am sooo good if I can resist the hershey kisses in the dish on the counter.  The problems start when I cave and have one.  It opens the floodgates for more.  This weekend I was fairly good.  I only had three kisses and one mini milky way.  No big deal right?  WRONG.  I felt that Sneaking food rush.  No one saw that.  So one more won't hurt.  Quick, no one's looking.  Grab another.  Instant gratification, but then days of guilt. 

After the marathon we had a mani/pedi appointment.  I had not had a pedicure since New Year's.  My feet hate me.  It felt so good.  But, she got rid of my calluses and I had a hard time on the elliptical last night.  I could feel the fresh skin.  DOH.

When we were leaving the nail salon I saw a vision.  For a moment I thought that I was in a desert and this was a mirage.  Girl Scout cookies.  Hello. Yes, we stopped and bought a box.  I got Thank you Berry Munch.  I didn't see them being sold by me and wanted to try them. It's a shortbread cookie with cranberries.  Yep, they are good.

So then it was time for dinner.  We went over to Panera and I got unbelievably excited.  There was a new salad.  Power Spinach Salad: spinach, egg, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, frizzled onions, and a vinaigrette. It was awesome!  I want to go back for more.

So cut to a few hours later and I am sitting on my mom's couch.  I can barely move.  Within minutes I passed out cold.  I did not run the marathon, but I might as well have.  I had been fighting my rest for a long time.  Between that and the adrenaline rush from the day, oh and the getting up at that ungodly hour, I was spent.  I literally closed my eyes and woke up the next morning for church.  I definitely felt human again on Sunday.  That doesn't mean that I didn't go to Starbucks for a chai tea.  I needed some caffeine to make sure that I didn't fall asleep on the drive home.

I am happy to report that I made amends for my weekend on Monday.  It started off with a walk at lunch.  Thanks to Barb and Tracey (holy long legs Batman!).  We moved for 30 minutes.  I was not planning on this and was wearing my skinny jeans.  That meant that I didn't have a lot of give. It was hard to keep up when I couldn't extend my legs.  Argh. But I did.

After work it was gym time.  Last week GBL and I came up with a plan. Since Mondays are generally the busy day at the gym, we are going to try the 30 minute circuit training there.  20 stations in 30 minutes.  10 stations of weights and 10 steps for cardio.  I will talk more about it later, but we busted our butts and got our sweat on.  Good stuff.

I love Making Amends Mondays.  Don't you?

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts