Sneak eating at parties

Happy Monday kids....well at least we can fake it that we are happy that it's Monday

This week is work husband's birthday.  The stinker is leaving for Florida tomorrow night so I took him out to lunch today.  Being the generous work wife that I am, I even let him pick where we were going.  *he's lucky to have me haha*.  I was hoping for it and he picked our place...aww.  It seems to be our birthday place.  It's hard to describe.  It's like a panera, but better!  But, that's the type of food.  Just add wraps, pizzetas, burritos, etc.

My favorite sandwich is the Grilled chicken in balsamic vinaigrette with mozzarella, spinach, tomato on a ciabatta ...oh heck yeah.  I try to eat it without eating the full roll.  Today I failed.  It was so good.  I totally tried to talk him into getting the giant piece of Red Velvet Cake, but he kept resisting.  Damn him.  I wanted a bite sooooo bad.

All day all I could think of was that I missed the gym yesterday :-(  It was the right decision and my back feels much better, but dang it I hate that I missed it.

After work there was a party at the office.  I had originally said I would be going, but I actually forgot about it and made plans with some gals for the gym.  I checked in and one could not make it.  So do I stay for the party?  The former fat girl would have.  She would have been ready to hover over all of the food stations and try everything...twice!  The new healthy girl had a slight panic attack.  She did not feel strong enough to resist.  Too much stress lately and stress eating is too tempting. 

While I was at my desk I could hear the plates clinking.  I heard the Oohs and Ahhs over the drinks that were being brought in.  I got a little giddy over trying to imagine what hors d'oeuvres would be served?  Would they be bacon wrapped? 

Parties are easy to sneak food.  I got really good at the sly eating.  The key was to get 1-2 small plates so that it didn't look like that much.  The rest was consumed on the go.  I would hover over the table and when no one was looking "pop" there ya go.  Easy Peasy!

I would have to pass tonight.  But, when asked why I didn't do how the heck do I say "I didn't trust myself around the food".  I can't do hors d'oeuvres for dinner.  It's never a good idea.  So off to the gym I went.

There was no traffic and I was practically skipping through the door.  And then I saw it. DAMN IT!  It's the first monday of the month.  It's pizza monday.  I thought I made a note to myself not to go tonight....ARGH!!!!  Please note, that if I catch you eating pizza at the gym I sure as heck am giving you the stink eye!

I quickly changed and grabbed a treadmill.  It's been a little bit since I went running on the treadmill (too much time on the ellipticals overlooking the weights haha).   I done good!  I killed it.  I was sweaty nasty after an hour.  So I moved over to the elliptical.  I was rewarded with Gym Crush #3...YEAH!  We did the checking out dance again...that's saying a lot considering what a mess I was.

So as nice as staying for a party would have been, I'm way happier with my night.  A great workout.  No pizza.  And a cutie.  What more could I ask for?


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Man, I do the same thing at parites. Darned sneak eating.. I've become an expert at it. Good for you for skipping it. Sucks about the pizza though... I still can't believe your gym has free pizza on the 1st Monday of the month. That's just wrong... ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they don't put that on Biggest Loser. Argh. It's my biggest issue with Planet Fitness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts