Namaste! Raise your hand if you could use some Yoga this week.

HAPPY FRIDAY BLEEPS!

Come on, everyone take a deep breath.  We did it!  We made it to Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  From what I gather I was not the only one having an incredibly sucky week.  I hope you get to enjoy your weekend.

So I took last night off from blogging.  That doesn't mean that I didn't go to the gym :-)  I had been away for two days and terribly angry so I was super happy when I walked in and had my choice of machines.  I grabbed a treadmill with hopes that I could maybe run a little.  I ran on Monday and I can't usually get away with more than one run a week, but I have been smart this week.  I limited my time on the exercise ball (It's great for my core, but I think it's hurting my knees because I use them so much to keep me upright).  I gave it my usual 5 minute walk warm up and then I took off.  It was a slow run, but I kept at it for 30 minutes.  I had a few twinges, but nothing that hurt too bad.  After the run I walked for the rest of the hour and read.  It was quite nice.

The good news is that I saw Gym Crush #3 and he was on the ab machine I like that was right in front of me. Nice.  Very nice.  The bad news is that I got on it right after him and upped the weights.  I was a tad disapointed in him.  haha.  Not too much though, he's still cute.

When I got home I jumped in the shower and got relaxed in time for Big Bang Theory (my Must see TV).  I debated about getting on to blog, but I thought the pattern of the week was giving me the rep as Angry Chick, so I opted to read and relax instead.  Very glad I did.

So fast forward to today.  Today was a sad day.  Last day for Yoga.  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  If EVER I needed yoga, this was the week.  It was a small class and we were inside, but holy dag nabit it was rough.  No handstands, but a whole lot of shaking going on.  And by shaking I meant my arms, legs, and abs shaking while trying to hold poses.

For a "relaxing" class it was hilarious.  If the words escaped my mouth that I wanted to shout I would have sounded a lot like this "BLEEP!  OH BLEEP!  BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!". The only way I can describe class today was that it was a lot like the worst game of Twister EVER, and you were the only one on the mat.

I was glad we were inside because I have such a problem concentrating when we are outside, but my head was still so jumbled and angry that it did not relax until halfway through class.  I think it was the toughest class and quite frankly, I was sore after.  My plan was to go to the gym tonight and walk, but I started to worry about my knees.  With all of my back problems on the weekend and my sore knees I opted against the gym.  I'll be there at 10am and I had a killer workout today so it's all good.  And I do mean killer.  I was sweating. That was the first indoors class that I really sweated in.  Thank you Richard!

Tonight I met my friends and their kids for dinner.  We chose Qdoba (southwest grill).  The last time I ate there and then went to the gym my dinner was coming back in burps all night and it was quite gross so I think it was wise to call it a night. 

Afterwards I ran to Target for a few groceries and decided to treat myself to a new Yoga dvd.  That makes three.  I like that.  They are all different and I will rotate them. I don't want my body getting used to one.  This was focuses on Stress Relief.  I'm So on board for that.

So today's lesson is: When you are having a bad day or are extremely stressed, take it out at the gym.  Don't turn to shopping or food.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts