Taking Time for Yourself

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!

I want you all to know how hard it was for me to stay away for three days this weekend.  I thoroughly enjoyed taking time off from the computer. My eyes thanked me.  I enjoyed the great outdoors.  I visited with family.  It's nice to live a life away from the screen.  I worried though.

I worried that someone that maybe really needed inspiration and motivation wasn't getting it from me.  Now some of you may be reading this and saying "Jennifer, shut up. You must really think a lot of yourself."  I do not.  But, I do know how important that motivation and inspiration can be.  I know how easy it is to talk myself out of good choices.  I know what it's like to have someone motivate me to get out of bed and go out for a walk.  I know what it's like to have someone inspire me to make a healthier choice for lunch.  And I know that sometimes I am that someone for others.

I keep thinking back to a time I was in church and the Pastor's teenage nephew was in the row in front of me.  He was constantly moving around and causing distractions.  After the service the Pastor addressed this with him and made him apologize to me.   I didn't understand why he was doing it and said it was okay.  And then he explained.  What if someone came to church who really needed time with God and they were unable to pray or hear what God was saying because of this distraction?

I just hope my distractions didn't keep someone from getting up and moving.

The important lesson here is that I took some time for myself and no one died.  And even more importantly, I'm refreshed and a better person for it.  So make the time for yourself.  No one else is going to do it for you.

It's on you to make the time for yourself.  Maybe you need to move things around.  Maybe you need to drop things.  If you are busy with your kids activities try buddying up with other moms.  Take turns chauffering or babysitting with the others go work out.  If you are feeling like you don't have time, I'm betting there are others in that same boat.  You just have to ask.

On that note, make sure people know that you are trying to make positive and healthy changes.  Sure there are people that won't be supportive, but there will be some people who totally have your back.  Today they were buying us lunch at work because we were having a meeting during lunch.  Yesterday I was stressing.  Are they going to buy pizza?  That means I'm going to need to bring my lunch and then smell the pizza.  Wrong.  I asked and my pal Lety said she ordered sandwiches and salads.  She had kept my needs in mind.  That made me feel so good.

And now I must sign off.  Someone reached out to me for some help and advice with healthy changes.  She's already making positive changes and I'm excited for her.

Have a wonderful night.  Catch ya tomorrow.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the wo
rds of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts