The Biggest Loser - Week 13

Welcome to the Biggest Loser Ranch - Week 13.  This week's excuse: Exercise is boring.

Okay, well I will be honest.  I missed the first hour because I was at the work Happy Hour.  Fear not though.  My mom gave me the lowdown.

There was a challenge.  At stake: a 1 pound advantage.  They were to move boxes of food to a truck.  The first person to move all of their food wins the pound and 39,000 lbs of food for their home town.  I believe they were moving that total also, but I'm not positive on that.  That weight represents the total amount of weight lost on the Biggest Loser over the years.  WOW.

Mark started smart and started with his heavy weights.  Kim was ahead most of the way, but when she got to the heavy weights Mark took the lead.  And he won the challenge.  Then it was announced that if everyone finished they would each get a truck full of food for their hometown.  Mark asked if he could help (this made my mom tear up).  They all finished.

When I came home they were in the middle of a second challenge.  This was a cooking challenge.  They were to create a meal and were to be judged on taste and nutrition.  The judges: Vinny, Antone, and Ms. Becky (still looking fabulous!)  from last season.  YEAH.

I'm not even going to discuss Jeremy's meal because it was pathetic.  They called him on it.  Megan made a tilapia with salsa and spinach.  They loved it, but then they saw the sodium.  It was too high.  Buddy made a tropical chicken salad.  He had them until he mentioned that he used real mayo.  Not a lot, but there are so many better options out there.  Chris brought out an undercooked broccoli stuffed chicken.  Antone made some comments about her not coming very far in her journey. For the life of me, I cannot remember what Mark made.  Conda made a cabbage soup that Vinny loved.  She made a comment that she was going to win.  She does all of the cooking anyway *  Then Kim made a teriyaki beef tips (i think) on a portobello mushroom.  She won.  She won $1000 for every pound lost this week.

*this irritates me every season.  Why does it always fall on one or two people to do the cooking for everyone else?  How are you to learn and take this home with you?  AND you are on a freaking reality show about weight loss.  Why would you rely on a fellow contestant to prepare your food?  How do you know they aren't spiking your food with sugar or salt?  Just saying.

Bob was particularly focusing on Megan this week.  He made her keep a video journal.  When he watched he was pretty impressed with her eating and working out.  She felt the pressure though.

Time for Last Chance workout.  Dolvett created an obstacle course.  Mark went first.  His time: 3:07.  Quite impressive.  There was running, belly crawls, throwing weights, dragging weights, and running through tires.  Buddy went second and did well for his injuries. He finished in a little over 4 minutes.  Jeremy went next and came in around 3:30.  Then it was Ms. Kim's turn.  Sporting my favorite hairstyle of choice (the braids...See!  I'm making them popular!) she nailed it.  Just over 2:30.  GO Girl!

In Bob's last chance he was all over Megan.  I spit out my drink when he yelled "Megan I will cut off your hair and kill you!"  I heart Bob.

I forgot about Chris' earlier conversation with Antone.  He came into the gym and talked to her after his comments upset her.  She thinks she has come so far and to have a stranger make comments like that set her back.  What is she doing wrong?  Bob talked to her too.  She has come so far and is scared to go home.  He says that's a good thing though.

So time for weigh in.  Kim is up first.  She earned $7000 this week.  Go Girl!  Next up was Mark.  He lost nothing.  He had that pound advantage, but it's pretty obvious he's in the bottom.  Conda loses 7, but she had immunity last week so...Jeremy, Buddy, and Chris lost weight, but not much.  But, Megan only lost 4 and that put her below.

There are alliances, so she went home.

At home, she's now back to riding her horses and competing.  Good for her.  Her boyfriend has also lost 80lbs and proposed.  So now she's planning her wedding.  She looks fantastic.

Clear my schedule.  Next week: MAKEOVER WEEK!

Here is your thought for the day from that Wise Bob Harper:

One week cannot make up for a lifetime of Bad Decisions

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts