Saturday, March 3, 2012

Grab a's a long one

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Much to talk to you about today.  I have two days to catch up on.  So let's recap Friday first (the good and the bad).

I had lunch plans to go to Saladworks for lunch with buddy Barb.  I was pretty excited for it.  YEAH.  Then, while I was getting ready for work I got the text that her son was sick.  Lunch was off. BOOOO. I didn't have time to make lunch (my bread was in the freezer).  So I figured I would just go out anyway.

It was Friday.  Everything that could go wrong was.  It was a stressful morning work wise.  So I got really excited to make plans with my pal Lety for lunch.  I hardly get to go out with her anymore.  We are still looking for a race to do together and I hope we find something soon.

Lety brought her lunch, but she would just pack it up and come with me.  Sweet.  She had a meeting until 12 and then one at 1.  It was going to be tight, but we can do it.  By 12:15 she was not back yet.  I was starting to get antsy...and hungry.  Then she instant messaged me that they were almost done.  Okay.  I'll deal.  By 12:30 she wasn't back.  ACK!  HUNGRY.  I needed to go eat, but I also really needed to talk to her about an issue before she left for her 1pm meeting so I couldn't just leave without her.  She came back right before 1 and said the meeting was cancelled.  She could come with me.  YEAH.  By the time we got to the mall I was so hungry I was shaking.  I didn't have my usual morning snacks and I was eating much later than usual.  This is not cool.

We went to the food court (not the one with Subway) and I went nuts.  The first thing I saw was the Bourbon chicken...mmm...then I walked by the salad counter...good stuff, but it's so dang expensive...the deli counter had a tomato and mozzarella sandwich...but in the end I got the cheeseburger and fries (cheap and quick).  I felt horribly guilty, but it was sooo tasty.  Immediately I worried how it would affect my workout that night.  I know that there were hours before I was heading to the gym, but last week's Friday night dinner was coming back through burps on Saturday morning and it made me feel nauseous.

Fast forward to 5 o'clock...HOLLA!  Don't you wish we could really do that?  And I hopped in the car and headed out.  I hadn't heard about dinner plans so it was straight to the gym.  I made it there just in time to see Lisa.  She got there before me and we had a quick visit.  I put in my 90 minutes then headed over to the massage chairs...ahhh...

It was a great way to end a stressful day, but I was having a brain malfunction so I opted to stay off the computer when I got home.   Sorry for not posting, but I'm certain it would have been all gibberish.

Since I didn't have any plans for the weekend I asked Gym pal Mike if we could meet up a little later today so that I could sleep in a little....ahhh...I woke up at 9 and was feeling refreshed.  By 9:40 the text came that he couldn't make it and I was on my own for the gym.  Okay. I get up and go now?  Do I relax and do a few things first?  Do I go back to bed?  I sort of putzed around for another hour and then headed out.  I wanted to hit up Target and possibly get a hair cut (more on that later).  I also needed to eat lunch before hitting the gym.  The X factor was that the Syracuse game was on at 4.  I wanted to be home and showered for it.

I went the mall to hit up Target and possibly a couple other stores.  The first store I went to was Finish Line (sneakers).  I like to look.  But, if I found something on sale then I was going to celebrate.  This morning was a fantastic morning on the scale (down 4lbs).  They had one pair of blue Reebok Real Flex my size...for $60 off.  Oh heck yeah! It cracks me up that I have gone from drooling over high heels to sneakers now.

The next store on the schedule was Victoria's Secret.  It is time for new underwear.  I put on a pair the other day and had "baggy butt".   Not a bad problem to have.  Some of my underwear is too big for me now.  YEAH.  I did notice that I was looking at and buying more fun prints than usual.  One of my favorite pairs is a lime green pair.  Another pair has different colored butterflies all over it. Gone are the days of solid blacks or solid beiges.  Patterns were always a no-no.  Who wants a pattern to get stretched out across a fat butt?

When I left I wasn't planning on another stop before Target, but I saw the sale signs for candles at Bath and Body.  So I got a couple.  My bags were a little heavy and I figured I should take them to the car before lunch and Target.  The problem is that my lower back started to hurt really bad.  REALLY bad.  I should have left.  But, I went to the car and came back. 

I limped to Subway and ordered my sandwich.  I was in pain.  So I took it over to Target and went in to the Starbucks for an Iced Green Tea and then I would eat there.  However, I literally (thanks to my crush Rob Lowe, and his character on Parks and Recreation, I literally say literally 20 times a could not even stand in line.  I had to place my order while I was sitting.  The sitting for lunch felt better, but walking around Target agitated it again. 

I had already decided to skip the haircut (gonna stick it out for Locks of Love *love my braids too much*...I still need a trim, but I also need a couple more inches for wiggle room).  Should I still go to the gym?  I decided that I would go.  If my back started to bother me at all I would leave.

Funny enough, as soon as I walked in I felt better.  So I hit the elliptical for 30.  Then it was time for weights. I worked my triceps, shoulders, chest, and abs.  Felt good so I jumped on the treadmill for another 30 before I left.  I originally planned on 60, but the game was less than an hour away.

The problem was that when I left I was starving!  It was between meal times a protein bar did not cut it.  Argh.  I was going to have a full meal and then something light for dinner, but I got sidetracked by my shower. So I had a small snack and then a nice bowl of veggie pasta for dinner.

So sleeping in was nice, but once again it ended up throwing off my whole day.  I had hoped to get a little Scrapbooking done today, but I've been spent since I got home.  Note to self - stick to the schedule next week no matter what.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

No comments:

Post a Comment