Freshening up your workout Playlist

Happy Sunday Bleeps!

Well no gym today.  I had the bag packed and was all set to go after church.  But, things happen.  Remember my back problems yesterday?  They came back in spades today.  I was in so much pain at church.  It hurt to stand.  It hurt to sit.  At one point I tried to squat down to pick up something off of the ground and almost didn't make it back up.  Trying to get into my car was a nightmare.  I couldn't bend my body to get in my car and then I couldn't lift my leg once my body was in.

I feel better now, but I am not taking any chances.  Two days in a row was horrible.  I have no idea what set it off.   Could be all of the hip/back work from yoga.  Could be too much working out.  Could be standing on hard surfaces.  It doesn't matter, I hurt and so I stop. 

So naturally I took the time to go buy myself a new chair and go to lunch.  I was  in a panic about how I was going to get the chair in to the apartment, but by the time I got home I felt much better.  After I blog and clean out my dresser I am laying down with a heating pad and watching the Race. Tony Stewart CALL ME!

So let's talk Playlists.  Have you been updating your workout playlists like I told you to?  A couple of weeks ago gym buddy Lisa gave me her ipod with full license to put on any music I wanted.  She had previously used it to just listen to music.  It was not for her workout. So listening to it was not pushing her (sappy love songs are not ideal to make you move fast).

I took my job seriously.  She said that she did not prefer techno, but otherwise I could do what I want.  I wanted to make sure that I gave her a little bit of everything.  I gave her disco, 80's, 90's, techno (I had to), country, dance, reggae, and some today music.

So here are my new adds that I absolutely LOVE:

Runaway Baby - Bruno Mars
Playing with the Boys (Top Gun) - Kenny Loggins
Faster Car - Keith Urban
Land of 1000 Dances - Wilson Pickett
Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
Footloose - Kenny Loggins
Get Busy - Sean Paul
Whyyawannabringmedown - Kelly Clarkson
Blow - Ke$ha
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
Fergalicious - Fergie
Enter Sandman - Metallica
I know you want me - Pitbull
Rockafeller Skank - Fatboy Slim
The Cup of Life - Ricky Martin
The Champion in Me - 3 Doors Down
Ring My Bell - Anita Ward

One of the fun thing about this blog is that people come to me with stuff.  I get a monthly listing of top workout songs.  I didn't get a chance to share it with you last month, but I will share the list this month.  I will be downloading a few of them myself.  And please feel free to share with me any songs you enjoy.  I do not want my workouts to get stale and am always looking for new music.

Here's the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred--the web's most popular workout music site.

Lady GaGa - Marry The Night (Afrojack Remix) - 132 BPM

Allstar Weekend - Dance Forever - 125 BPM
Rihanna - You Da One (Almighty Radio Remix) - 129 BPM
Breathe Carolina - Blackout (Wideboys Remix) - 128 BPM
Flo Rida & Sia - Wild Ones - 129 BPM
Fun. & Janelle Monae - We Are Young - 92 BPM
Snow Patrol - Called Out In The Dark - 121 BPM
Steve Aoki & Rivers Cuomo - Earthquakey People - 128 BPM
Madonna, Nicki Minaj & M.I.A. - Give Me All Your Luvin' - 147 BPM
The Wanted - Glad You Came - 127 BPM

To find more workout songs--and hear next month's contenders—folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.

 I strongly encourage you to play around with music.  I used to listen to this awesome podcast by these two guys in Charlotte called the Saturday Morning Workout.  It is no longer an active podcast *SO SAD* (wish I hadn't deleted so many (I still have about 25 to rotate through and listen to again). 

They are both runners.  Their wives are runners too.  And one of my favorite things they ever talked about was how one of the wives challenged them to listen to her playlist.  They listened to rock, but she had hip hop and techno.  They hate the music and were reluctant, but realized that their pace quickened when the beat quickened.  They were sold and immediately added it to the playlist.

Your body will react people!  Just give it a chance.

*Giggle they just showed Tony Stewart...sigh.....*

**************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

  1. The upbeat music on my iPod is what has helped me get into "the zone" on my last couple of walks to the point that I went 4 miles the first day and 6 miles yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Love to hear that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking the other day that I needed to update my iPod. I haven't switched it up in ages and I'm so bored with the music. Thanks for the recommendations

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts