Argh...Let's start this Fitness Competition already!

Hello Beautiful People!

So much I want to talk about today...where do I begin?

Ever since the Fitness Assessment on Tuesday I have been itching to know who my team is and who my competition is. It's driving me nuts.  Let's get this started already!  Today Buddy Barb was asking when we would find out our teams.  She too wants to get started.  YEAH!  We did sit down and discuss that since we've had the assessment we can get started.  She needed a little guidance for the weekend so we set a plan in motion.

She has a four hour bridal shower on Saturday.  Ack! I asked if it was including lunch or just appetizers.  It's including lunch and she will be having the chicken.  Okay.  My first piece of advice: eat a snack and drink a bottle of water before the Shower.  You do not know when that lunch will be served and you don't want to fill up on appetizers.  I jokingly told her that for exercise I wanted her to volunteer to bring the gifts over to the Bride and lift them over her head.  You know I'm kidding right?  She thought I was serious at first.  HaHa.

She will have an hour at home after the shower before her family comes home.  If' she's sitting around all day, she can use that hour to exercise.  She has a treadmill.  I asked for 30 minutes.  She said 20.  I stuck with 30 :-)  Even if she's not on my team, I've still got her back!

So back to the Assessment.  You know how I felt about the pinching, well now I'm obsessed with pinching myself.  I have not been able to figure out the numbers.  My arms were the smallest pinch.  My thighs were in the middle and my waist was the largest.  My thighs are pretty tight so I'm still shocked at that.  My waist though feels like it should have been five times the amount of pinch of the others.  But, the waist area pinched was in the belly button range.  If it had been lower it would have been ugly.  that's my scary pocket of fat...boooo.

The competition ends at the end of May.  Can I really make that big of a difference?  I think I can. I am going to try my hardest.  Barb has already told a friend that my plan is to annihilate him.  Of course, he was one of the recipient of one of my workout cds today.  I'm not that good at annihilating yet. haha.  Maybe I will luck out and they'll both be on my team and I would not have just helped the enemy.

I was itching to get to the gym today to get moving.  I hated having yesterday off.  I tried running, but my knees still suck and hate me.  I only got 20 minutes in and had to stop and walk.  Dang it.  After 30 minutes I went over and hit up the weights. Good plan.  Except that I then got in my head that I wanted to work on my planks.  Not after arms and abs dummy.  My feet were slipping.  My shirt was dipping down so that this one gentleman had a prime view of looking at the goods.  I couldn't hold any for more than 30 seconds.  Argh.  I shall try again tomorrow.

For tomorrow I will be meeting gym Buddy Lisa early in the morning. I had considered sleeping in and working out when I get down to Virginia tomorrow afternoon.  But, I know things can happen and it is so easy to find an excuse not to go.  Knowing that Lisa will be there should be enough to get my butt out of bed in the morning.  Although I was really fighting a nap earlier today.  I should probably go to bed soon then.

I still have some things I want to talk about, but I suppose I will do that tomorrow.  I will give you your teaser though:Being in tune with your body...oooh...ahhh.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts