Finally a good day this week! CELEBRATE (at the gym of course)

Hello my Lovelies and Gents,

Before I get started, I forgot to mention that yesterday was Cake day at work.  Bah!  There were TWO cakes.  One chocolate and one vanilla.  I wanted to grab a gallon of milk and just go to town.  I did not though.  I did not have any cake.  Instead, I pulled out the animal crackers that I had in my drawer and had a serving.

Okay, so today did not go the way I had planned.  I woke up early and gym Buddy Mike had texted to see if we could push back gym time until a little after lunch. Sure, no problem.  I have things to do.  I called about refinancing my car and the next thing I know I was heading to the dealership.  I had a protein bar and a banana for breakfast.  Since this dealership trip was unplanned I did not think to grab lunch.

I pushed gym time back even further and sat there drinking my water.  They offered hot dogs and steaks, but I just didn't want to do that.  In retrospect, I should have had a hot dog.  I was there for 4 hours and was starving by the time I left...in my brand new car!  YEAH!  New car and refinanced so I have a smaller payment.  It's a good good day.

The gentleman who helped me is also changing his diet.  So we talked about how hard it is to retrain your tastebuds to liking food that is good for you.  When you are used to greasy, fatty, sugary foods then you most certainly will not like healthy options.  But, when you cleanse yourself of these bad foods and then reintroduce healthy foods a little at a time.  Soon the spices and seasonings will be exploding in your mouth with goodness.

I would like to give him a big shout out for going in the back and bringing me a Kashi Cookie :-)

So I got a new car and you know the deal.  All you want to do is play in it. Well I didn't have that luxury.  I needed to get to a place for food ASAP.  I drove right past the McDonalds that was next door (Had I realized it was there I would have broken my rule and gone over there for a salad or chicken wrap). I had to get to Subway Stat!

Once my belly was happy I quickly jumped in the new vehicle and ran to the gym.  There was no way I was missing it.  Today was chest and shoulders.  I have long loved my shoulders, but they just get better and better :-)  At one point we were doing free weights in front of the mirror.  While I loved looking at my arms and seeing the definition, I couldn't help but focusing on another part of my body.  I became repulsed by my thighs.  My chub rub area looked super pronounced.  I don't know if it's the pants or what, but it looked like my thighs were skinny right up to the chub rub area that looked huge and extremely unattractive.  ARGH.  Get over it!  Focus on the good!!!!

It feels like I have barely been to the gym this week.  I was only at the gym Monday and Thursday this week.  I started looking at next week and the panic sets in.

Monday is Pizza night at the gym.  BAH.
Tuesday is Bootcamp after work.
Wednesday is choir.
Thursday is Church Service.
Friday is Church Service (but i have the day off so I can go in the morning)
Saturday is NYC
Sunday is Easter.

I'm going to have to suck it up and hit the gym on pizza night.  It looks like I need to take Tuesday off for some car stuff so I will probably miss bootcamp, but at least then I could go to the gym and hopefully see Gym Crush #1 for one last time until Bootcamp is over.  I will have to walk at lunch on Thursday (and do weights at home after church).  The weekend will just be a bust.  Maybe some yoga dvd on Easter though.

Okay, I can breathe again.  There is a plan in place.

**************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

  1. Glad you like it :-) It feels right :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. For a bit of light relief you might enjoy this cartoon about the food pyramid. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/food-pyramid.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol that's awesome! I love it. Seriously, it goes in one ear and out the other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts