Thursday Randomness

Happy Thursday Bleeps!

It's so nice to be back with you. Last night was not so hot.  I wasn't feeling well at work.  Basically, my nose was dripping and stuffed (will someone please tell me how that is possible).  I was sneezing.  I was not feeling good.  Quite frankly our whole little group was sneezing and sniffling.

Last night was supposed to be belly dancing night, but it took me a long time to get home and my head was a tad foggy.  Besides, I had some overtime to do.  So I made my dinner and got to work.  I took some allergy medicine and within 30 minutes I was...well...let's just say that it's a good thing I was not operating heavy machinery. The Syracuse game was on and I was out of it.  I only lasted 2 hours on OT before I had to call it a night.

I am definitely healthier than I used to be.  I experience a lot less muscle/body pain.  I used to spend so much money on medicine/muscle relaxers.  I built up such an immunity to advil and dayquil.  I hardly take anything now and so when I do it actually works now :-)

The good news is that I felt much better today.  I think it was sinus pressure from the snow storm (although it wasn't quite a storm).  I still had the occasional sneeze.  I got back on the exercise ball after about a week off.  I sneezed so hard at one point I almost fell off.  Who knew it was so dangerous to my health.  HaHa.

I'm very glad I was feeling better because today was Yoga Thursday.  YEAH!  I was a little nervous and thought I was going to need to skip it.  If I can't breathe through my nose I just can't do it.   I could breathe though and was happy to participate.  I wish we could have it every day.  I am very impressed with my new body.  I am able to get into positions that I would have thought near impossible years ago.  That plus the Belly Dancing and well....Tony Stewart you should REALLY call me!!!  :-)

I'm just going to give my little advice on classes.  Test out the clothes you plan on wearing beforehand.  For example, today I packed a Raven's T-shirt and my yoga pants.  Sounds harmless right?  Well, when I was down in Tabletop position (down on your hands and knees) the neck of my shirt was exposing a little too much.  It was just hanging down so much that I kept shoving my chin in it to block the boobs.  Every time I looked down I saw my girls just swaying in the wind.  DOH.

So I was back at my desk for an hour when I completely stuffed up again. I truly believe I am allergic to my desk.   Seriously, by the time I got to the gym I could breathe just fine.

When I walked in I had my pick of machines.  I opted to switch things up and picked an elliptical up front.  It was perfect.  It was under the fan.  It was by the sports tvs with closed caption.  There were no machine in front of me to distract me.  And it was right next to the weights.  Come on Gym Crush #1!!!

I was not sure if I should be on the elliptical.  I had done the yoga and that generally messes up my knees so I should have gotten on the treadmill.  But, the girl who missed the gym yesterday wanted to go hard.  So I did.  I was flying.  I was sweating.  And of course that's when #1 comes in.  He stationed himself right by me and I'm not gonna lie.  My time dropped.  I tried playing it cool, but I was soooo watching him the whole time.  I'm giving him a monster shout out.  He did some push-ups that were unreal. His feet were on the bench.  His hands on the floor.  He got up on his toes and did push-ups on his fist for a minute. I think my jaw is still on the ground.  I wish I was quick enough to hold up my hands and give him a "10", but my brain was not that quick.   I'm still drooling a little just thinking about it.  HaHa.

It was a GOOD night at the gym. The only problem is that I have got to figure this toe thing out. I have tiny toes.  I walk hard.  So my toes really hurt on the elliptical after a long period of time.  They don't bother me so much on the treadmill. I think I need a different pair of sneakers for that, but I heart my realflex so much (NO BLISTERS).

Well kids, I'm beat.  I'm ready for some well earned Z's.  Sweet dreams my Lovelies.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts