I haven't been this weight in TWENTY years!

Wahoo!!!!

So I'm ready to tell you my good news.  I actually got a little misty yesterday.  It was a good day on the scale.  I had dipped down in to the 140's months ago, but I dipped back out.  The belly was getting smaller so I wasn't concerned.  I step on the scale every day just to keep myself in check.  I pay more attention to what my body is doing than what my weight is.

I am now comfortably in the 140's.  I've been there for a little while, but I wanted to make sure it was consistent before I mentioned it.  HOLLA!  I am getting so close to my goal.  I actually believe that I can get in to that bikini on June 1.

So here's the big reason for the Celebration.  I have not been in the 140's since my freshman year of college.  That was 20 years ago.  And frankly, I look WAY better than I did then. I am fit.  Back then I was just flab.

TWENTY YEARS!  It's awesome and sad at the same time.  This is why I am writing this blog.  I am still amazed at the number of people I reach.  I just want to tell everyone that it's not too late to change.  It's not too late to live a healthier life.  Don't wait the 20 years I did.  PLEASE don't wait that long.  I will never have the "wrinkle-free tight little body" that I could have.  No matter how skinny I get now, I will still have signs of my age. (BAH).  I would give anything to go back to that College Freshman and show her the path she was on.  Sadly, I know she would not have listened to me.  

Recently I was hanging with a friend who kept telling her daughter "Aunt Jennie is smaller than me now".  I LOVED hearing that.  And I should be.  I'm shorter than most people.  I should be smaller.  It's about dang time!

So now my goal is to get down to my high school weight.  HaHa.  I'm hoping to hit it by Easter :-)

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts