The Polar Bear Plunge: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly



That's me in the white and black bathing suit...Thanks to my buddy Liva for capturing the still shot.

The Polar Bear Plunge: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good:

First off let me say that it was a record breaking year for the Polar Plunge.  There were 3685 participants that raised $650,000.  HOLLA!!!!  It feels so good to be a part of that.  Second, I did send in my Volunteer form to sign up to help out at upcoming Special Olympic Events.  Third, I have already gotten two friends to commit to the plunge for next year!!  WOO WOO!  Shout out to Heather and Work Husband.  You're going to LOVE IT!  My goal is to have a 10 person team.  I'm almost halfway there...and I have some people in mind so...

The Bad:

I have three pairs of yoga pants that I generally alternate through for working out.  They are all petites, but two are the same fit and one is different.  I don't know the names, but the one that is different is giving me problems.  It's supposed to be low rise.  Girls with big bellies should not wear low rise.  I can get away with them now, but my 30 year habit of pulling up my pants to my waist is posing a problem.  I tend to look like Steve Urkel in them.  I will put them on fine, but by the time I am working out my white socks are making an appearance.  I mentioned this to Bibble so she kept yelling Urkel all day to warn me.  Bah.  I have GOT to learn to leave them on my hips.

So last night I posted that it did not look like the news channel posted the video from the Polar Plunge....I was wrong.  A friend mentioned that he saw it and I had a slight moment of panic. I searched the website and found it.  OMG...we are in the last 5 seconds of the video and we are running up the hill from the water.  Boobs flying side to side.  I'm just a tad mortified.  It wasn't quite the gracious Baywatch run that I imagined. Ha Ha.  I will paste the link again at the bottom of this post.

The Ugly:

I loved experiencing this weekend with a good friend and her daughter.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  The problem though was the eating.  I have a routine.  And well...to put it nicely, it went to hell.  I did well through breakfast on Saturday and then I lost control.  It's hard to stick to my routine when there are other people with their own eating habits involved.

After the 5K it was 2pm and we were starving. We were at the beach and we smelled food.  We smelled french fries and pizza.  We were STARVING.  Pizza won out.  For dinner we opted to go out to my FAVORITE restaurant: Tequila Mockingbird...mmm...mexican and margaritas.  They have a great taco salad that is a pretty good option, except for the taco shell.  I did not have the will power to say no.  I got a pollo platter: Mini chicken quesadilla, chicken hard shell taco, and mini chicken enchilada.  It also came with a side of rice.  I did not finish it, but I ate most of the chicken options.  I also opted for the frozen peach margarita.  They just do not have a skinny option.  Bah.  So I know you are shaking your head...but it gets worse.  The next morning when I got back from church we needed to have breakfast....we had the left over pizza. I am sooo disappointed in myself on that one.  Sure, everyone knows that's a yummy breakfast, but it was not a healthy option.   And it was the only thing I ate until we got on the road to head home.  So we stopped at Arby's.  I got my beef'n'cheddar with curly fries and a shake.  I figured dove off the wagon head first at that point.

So here's the thing.  I paid the price and I paid dearly.  Besides not eating right, I also lacked my water intake.  The scale was NOT kind this morning.  NOT KIND!  I was still able to wear the new jeans so I know it was not that big of a deal.  The odds are that most of it was water weight and will be gone in a few days.  A couple of days of crappy choices are not irreparable. I just need to make sure that I get back on track. 

I know it's not a big deal to splurge every now and then.  I am trying not to beat myself up over this, but I'm not proud of it.  I CRAVED Veggies like you would not believe last night.  Thank goodness...the new me isn't lost after all.

http://www.wmdt.com/category/201130/video?clipId=6710725&topVideoCatNo=201129&autoStart=true
*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts