Saturday, February 11, 2012

Life happens...but you still have to take care of yourself

Happy Saturday Bleeps,

I had an exciting post planned for last night.  I will post it later today.  Things just came up and I wanted to talk about them.

No matter how far I've come I struggle with gym time.  I love going.  I really do.  But, more often than not I have so much to do that it's very easy for me to talk my way out of it.  I could go, but I really need to get this done.  If I do this now then I won't worry about it and can enjoy the gym later.

Life gets in the way.  But, I have to make this a priority.  I know me.  If I skip once it makes it that much easier to skip again.  I am a creature of habit.  If I start getting in the habit of skipping it won't be long before I'm not going anymore.

So yesterday the plan was to hit the gym right after work.  And then when I was listening to the traffic report on the way they were talking about the 1-3 inches of snow we were supposed to get today.  The problem would be the ice coming later in the day.

The plan for Saturday was: Target (Groceries and printing Polar Plunge pictures to scrapbook), Gym, Shower, Overtime, and then Scrapbooking.

When they freaked me out with the weather (I didn't even hear snow until yesterday morning) I opted to run to Target before the gym last night.  I would print my pictures, grab a few groceries (needed food for chili), and then head over to the gym.  I considered going to Subway while I waited, but I don't like to eat right before the gym.  I like some time for digestion.

All was well.  I ordered my pictures and was given a 25 minute time.  Sweet.  So I went down and checked out the water bottles.  I had to throw out the one I had been using because I had two accidents with the top not closing and then I got water all over my bag/car.  So I found the cutest Pink bottle.  It has an awesome lid and a loop to carry it.  SOLD!  I was celebrating a milestone (for the next post :-)

I got my food and checked out.  I was ready for my pictures, but they weren't ready yet.  They ran out of paper.  It took another 30 minutes to get them.  By now my head is totally freaking out.  If I get to the gym at 7 and I work out for an hour I wouldn't get home and be able to eat until after 8.  I HATE eating after 8.  Well then, I should probably just go home.

NO.  If it snows tomorrow and I can't make it to the gym then I am out 2 days.  Sure I could do a dvd, but it's not the same.  I will haul my butt to the gym and I will like it damn it!  I would rather eat later than not go.  Remember my mantra: I have never regretted working out, but I have regretting Not working out.

So I got to the gym at 7:30...I changed and went for the massage chair first.  I needed to relax a bit. Just as I sat down I saw Gym Crush #1.  SWEET.  He saw me and smiled, but it looked like he was done for the night.  No matter, it was worth it.   After the massage chair I snagged my new favorite elliptical and watched the Sixers game.  (they lost, but it was a good game).

When I got home I was beyond beat.  I made my dinner and threw in a load of laundry.  It took me an hour to complete a simple task (putting my bathing suit and beach towels back in the bin under my bed) so I opted so skip my blog and go to sleep.

Cut to this morning.  My plan was to meet a friend at the gym this morning for weights.  I had not heard from him in a couple of days so I considered sleeping in.  I didn't need to go to Target any more.  I do still have overtime and scrapbooking to do, but I could afford to sleep in.

I woke up and was laying in bed thinking how good it felt when I got the text from gym buddy Lisa.  She was on her way to the gym.  So I could either haul my butt out of bed and head over or take the chance that we don't get a lot of snow and try later in the day when Gym Crush #1 usually goes.  He's cute, but I hauled myself out of bed.  I did not trust myself to go tonight.

The place was empty.  We didn't have that much snow, but I don't think people realized it.  Usually Saturday mornings are mobbed.  I started on the elliptical.  I was out of gas from the beginning.  My paced was 1mph off.  I was wearing my other sneakers to see how my toes felt, but I don't think that was it.  I was just tired from working out the night before.  I put in my thirty minutes and then moved over to the leg weights.  It had been a couple of weeks so I needed to do them.  I was tired, but I knew I needed more.  So I headed over to the treadmill.  My 30 turned into 60 and then 90.  As tired as I was today I still got in two and a half hours. GO ME!  I knew I would be sitting around on the laptop all day so this helped get me through it.

So if you feel like not doing it, stop.  There will always be an excuse not to.  ALWAYS.  You just have to make the time and force it.  You'll feel better once you do.  Your body will thank you too.


****Please note****
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

No comments:

Post a Comment