I am giving up giving up Starbucks

Happy Hump Day Bleeps!

Argh. I was hoping that giving up Starbucks for Lent would help me.  I know it's still my weakness.  When I make my food journals that's the cheat that comes up most often.  Giving it up though?  It's not working.  Let me tell you why.

I have had more soda, hot chocolate, and General Foods International coffees in the past week than I have in the past month.   This is totally defeating the purpose.  Especially when I only had Starbucks once a week.  Starbucks is now allowed.  What we decided is that no Starbucks pastries are allowed.  And still, no coffee drinks there.  Ahhh...I feel better already.  I may not even go, but knowing that it's allowed will calm my brain.

I've been doing well with the "fast food ban".  I'd like to give a shout out to superfan Ms. MaryAnn who had a "WWJD" moment today (What would Jennie do).  Let's just say that my voice went through her head as she was contemplating a drive-thru.  NOT ALLOWED!  You go lady!

So no coffee drinks, pastries, and sticking with the no fast food deal.  That means NO shamrock shakes.  BOOOOO...but, I'm doing it.

I think it's interesting that I can easily give up the fast food, but not Starbucks.  Just now I thought that I might be substituting Subway too much, but that is just this week.  The reality is that I usually only go once a week.  So I've been able to train my brain and body to resist the fast food.  How can I transfer that to the drinks?

I don't drink (except the occasional skinny margarita).  I don't smoke. I'm not addicted to soda any more.  I don't even really like the taste of coffee.  So what the heck?  Why is my body freaking out over the thought of giving it up?

This is why I do not gamble.  I have an addictive personality.  It's part of the OCD.  I do not own a Wii for a reason.  I would get fired because I would find a way to call out of work for a week just to play Just Dance.  It's sick I tell you.  :-)

I'm also sort of addicted to the exercise ball at work.  I LOVE IT!  Today I got off it for the afternoon though and went back to a normal chair.  Want to hear something funny?  When I got up the first time I felt weird.  It was like my body doesn't remember what it's like to sit in a chair all day.  My butt hurt from it.  That's a good thing.  I did notice that my posture was better in the chair though so perhaps I'm learning something.

See, I need Starbucks (why don't they deliver?????)...this post is starting to flounder.  Well, actually I blame that on my headache.  And so I shall bid you adieu for the evening.  Tomorrow is yoga and I need to finish painting my toenails. 

Have a lovely evening and a wonderful Thursday! The weekend is almost here.  HOLLA!


****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts