Cake! Cake! Cake! Cake! Cake!

Happy Friday Bleeps!

So much to talk about...Bah!  I will have to make it few posts over the next few days. 

Today was cake day at work.  We had a birthday celebration and that means cake. We signed the birthday card yesterday so I knew it was coming.  First thing this morning we got the meeting invite for 11:50am Cake.  That meant 3 hours of the thought of cake running through my head.

Seriously, this is what goes through my head: Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake.  Only 3 more hours until Cake! Cake. Cake.  How much longer until Cake? Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake.   Get the picture?  It is a miracle that I got any work done.

I got giddy as it got closer to 11:50.  It was like a little high.  I thought my head was going to explode I was so excited. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake. Cake.

Then 11:50 hit and the most amazing thing happened. I walked right past the cake and did not take a piece.  WHA?  I do not know where that strength came from, but I am so thankful for it.  I am going away this weekend and we all know how tough it is for me to control my food when I am at someone else's house.  I believe that was in my head.  Be good now because there is a 100% chance that you are going to cheat this weekend.

It was raining today.  Miss Barb did not want to walk with me.  Nor did she want to go out anywhere. It would have been the perfect Starbucks day, but well...we are on day 3.  I am committed to this.  And then I thought "I gave up Starbucks for Lent, but I did not give up Barnes & Noble cafe or Dunkin Donuts."  STOP IT JENNIFER!  You can do this for 40 days.  You know you can! So  I was kicking around what to do when I hit me that I could go get a manicure.  My cuticles were atrocious.  So why not?  And off I went. 

I stopped at Five Below (a high end Dollar store) for a drink.  Peeps.  Cadbury Eggs. Robins Eggs.  Caramel Cadbury Eggs.  OMG!  I stood in front of that display for about 3 minutes.  Should I?  I just walked away from cake.  Why would I do this?  Well no one is here.  They never have to know.  Go on...just get one.  You know you want it.  Come on...no one is looking.

Good news.  I did not get one.  I got my snapple green tea and went to get my nails done ( a fun shiny blue).  I felt soooo good about this.  I was so proud of myself.  It does not mean that the day got any easier though.  The leftover cake just sat there mocking me.  Plus, when I walk to the ladies room I pass a desk with chocolate eggs.  I wanted one sooooo bad.  I practically put a hole through my lip today biting it.  But, I done good.  Well...until dinner.  But, that's another post.  Don't worry.  I didn't do horrible, it just wasn't the wisest decision. 

My reward for the day?  Well we now have a Gym Crush #3 :-)

Okay Bleeps, once again I have a weights date in the morning.  I did tell him that I need to cut down the weights.  After a good workout you are going to feel the muscles for two days.  I am on day 6.  To me that means that the weights were too high and I was trying to compensate by using other muscles. That is not the workout I want.  I will lift and I will be happy to hurt for two days, but I draw the line for anything over that.  It affected Yoga yesterday and we just can't have that.

Have a wonderful weekend Bleeps!

**************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile 

Comments

Popular Posts