Superbowl weekend....

Happy Friday Bleeps!

And a Good Friday it is!  I took a half day today so that I could get ready to head down to the Beach for the Polar Plunge festival tonight.  YEAH!  I went straight to the gym after work and pounded out a sweaty 5 miles.  I didn't want to overdo it and hurt my knee before tomorrow.  Before my workout I got the massage chair for 10 minutes...YEAH!

Are you ready for the Superbowl festivities this weekend?  Here in Philly they have the Wing Bowl the Friday before the big game.  It's a food eating contest.  They fill up the Wells Fargo Center at 6:30 am for festivities that begin at 7. This whole thing mortifies me.  I used to think it was cool.  I was stupid.  This is horrible. 

Food should be fuel for your body.  Not entertainment.  Having a stadium full of people cheering people on and they inhale chicken wings is so wrong on so many levels.  YEAH!  You're killing yourself!  Great job!  WAHOO.

Where do I even begin on this?  Should I start with how bad those massive amounts of food are for your system?  Or shall I talk about how greasy and fatty those foods are?  Oh I know, what about how nasty that is for your digestion?  Shoving food down your throat like that does not give your body the proper time to digest it. 

It makes me sick to think about it.  And then on top of that there was something on the news this morning about a bakery in NY that is making hot wings cupcakes.  It was cornmuffin cupcakes with blue cheese icing and a hot wing on top.  Um...

So the big game is on Sunday and I know lots of people have parties with all sorts of crappy food.  Well I'm a game purist.  I only watch if there is a team I like in it.  So I won't be watching this year :-(  I would love to give you advice on surviving a Superbowl party, but unless you are the one preparing the food you're in for a battle.  If you are preparing the food then try having some healthy alternatives: hummus and veggies, guacamole, fruit, pretzels, grilled chicken (instead of fried), sugar-free drinks (skinny girl margaritas are pretty good), and lots of sugar-free gum.

Good luck and God Speed....let me know how you do :-)

****Please note****
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts