Saturday, February 18, 2012

Highs and Lows of a 2-Gym day Saturday

Happy Saturday my Lovelies...and Gents.

It's hard to imagine that I'm still standing right now.  It's been a long long day.  Want to hear about it? 

Well it started at the crack of dawn (well not really that early, but it felt like it) when I rolled out of bed and headed to the gym to meet a friend.  I have not seen him since high school which was *mumbling incoherently* years ago.  HaHa.  Let's just say that it's been a long time.  Oops...I did have that reunion post last year...okay fine.  It's been 23 years (he graduated a few years before me).

The plan was to work out our backs.  First I had to show him the lay of the land after a quick 5 minutes on the elliptical for our heart rates.  As we were walking around I thought I was going to cry.  My butt machine is broken!  THE HORROR!  Please gym gods fix it soon!!!  If that wasn't bad enough, one of the thigh machines were broke too (luckily there are two of them).

So the first machine we tackled was the scary pullup/dip machine...this was for our "warm up"...hahahaha...warm up my ass.  I felt like my arms were going to fall off pulling me up.  Next up was a sitting back-press machine.  Then we moved over to the lower back/rowing set up.  I love rowing machines (wish Planet fitness had them).  We finished over at the ab station.  I wanted to test out the ab coaster and was very excited with it.  We knocked off two other ab machines and then it was time to stretch.  I grabbed an exercise ball and arched my back rolling around on it...ahhh...felt good.

After ninety minutes my arms were toast.  I could barely close my door on the way to breakfast.  We had just enough time to make it to Panera for that Mediterranean egg white sandwich.  Can you say YUM?  YUMMMMMMMM.

After breakfast I ran to Target.  I needed a few things, but got side tracked by some clothes.  Oh yeah, I need to look for an interview outfit.  Why not now?  I found a few dresses and headed to the dressing room. WHY?  Why do I subject myself to fitting room mirrors when I am feeling so good?  I had just worked out for 90 minutes then ate.  It's not the optimal time to try on clothes.  BAH.  I found a dress I liked though and it was on clearance.  I didn't trust the mirror so I went out to find some real people and their opinion. It passed :-)

I came home and put in 4 hours of overtime.   Well, after I took a couple of Aleve.  Sitting in my chair for 4 hours after a big workout was sucky.  I got stiff.  So I finished OT and headed back out.  I ran back to Target and found a black blouse (after more time in the fitting room because I am a sadomasachist).  It's a pretty blouse and I can wear it with jeans for work on a regular day too. 

Then I went back to the gym.  I needed to walk.  I did not do cardio this morning because It's hard for me to do it after a night of it.  I need more than 12 hours for my knees to be happy with me.  Besides, I felt like a slug during the OT.  I took my book to read on the treadmill and make it a light night.  I just wanted to stretch my legs and get a little cardio in. 

I hit up the massage chair for my back as soon as I got there...ahhh...totally worth the membership.  Then I hit the treadmill.  I got some reading done, but I also ran a little.  I got my 4 miles in and called it a night. 

*No sightings of Gym Crush #1 this weekend... sad face*

Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

No comments:

Post a Comment