Did someone say Southern BBQ? YES PLEASE!

Hello Beautiful People!

Well I am back to life after my overtime this weekend.  I put in 10 hours and I'm beat.  Luckily I still got in 5 hours at the gym :-)

So this weekend was full of good and bad.  I will enjoy the money when I get it, but I've put in 18 hours of overtime in the past two weeks.  I've been able to get my workouts in, but that's 18 hours I could have used to get my life in order.  Oh well.  Some of that money is going to register for the Susan G Komen 3 Day so I will be happy about that. 

Let's talk food right now.  On friday there were more soft pretzels at work.  I was offered one, but declined.  I was saving up my calories for today :-)  A friend and his lady friend were coming up North from Charlotte this weekend.  They had asked if they could bring me anything...Um...Southern BBQ please! 

This morning we met up for breakfast at Panera's.  I had been dying to try their Mediterranean sandwich: egg white, spinach, cheddar cheese, roasted red pepper, pesto on ciabatta.  And it was worth the wait!  YUM.

Then we were off to church were the transaction was made.  The BBQ pulled pork went into my trunk and then precisely occupied my brain for the next 4 hours.  After church I went to the gym.  My legs were tired, but I knew I had BBQ to look forward to and Overtime to work on.  I needed to move.  It wasn't my best workout, but I walked/ran for 90 minutes.  I could eat the BBQ without guilt.

There was enough to make it 3 meals.  So I had it for lunch and dinner (with sides of veggies).  I will have the rest tomorrow night after Belly Dancing :-)  I really REALLY wanted to stop for some Sweet Tea to go with it, but that's a whole lot of sugar...and quite frankly like crack to me.

Before I get to the bad, which is actually sad, I want to talk about something that happened at the church discussion tonight.  The topic was The End of the World.  The question came up for us to discuss: where do you see yourself in 10 years.  The people at my table were thinking about where they will be living.  Me, I was thinking differently.  If you had asked me 10 years ago I never EVER would have thought marathons and polar plunges were in my future.  So in 10 years?  Who knows, maybe I will have climbed Mount Kilimanjaro.  Anything is possible at this point...and that's just darn exciting!  Heck, maybe I will climb it in a bikini.  Lol.

Oh that reminds me.  I think this morning I talked my friend into the Polar plunge for next year.  And we made the deal that if he does it in a bikini then so will I.  Ha Ha...he of course volunteered another friend of ours who doesn't know it yet...but Jimmy, we're coming for you!

Okay, so now the sad.  Whitney.  Sadly, it was not that surprising, but nonetheless it's still sad.  Ms. Houston played a big role in my younger years, as I'm sure she did for many of you.  Her music spoke to me when I was a sad young fat unhappy girl.  When I sang along with her I felt beautiful and strong.  I still do.  "I'm Every Woman" is on my workout playlist and I love it!  Put it on yours if you don't already have it. 

So Whitney, I want to thank you for your beautiful voice and the voice you gave me.

****Please note****
If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

 jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts