Victoria's Secret...and some boobie talk

This week is the Victoria's Secret show.  I never watch it.  While I drool over my future butt, I really don't want to watch these incredible unattainable bodies strut around in tiny little things.

I was reading today about how Miranda Kerr prepares for this runway show.  Now the girl is already skinny and hot.  Three weeks before she intensifies her workouts and ups it to two a day.  Then nine days before the show she goes on a liquid diet.  And then she stops drinking all together 12 hours before the show.

Um...WHAT?  So you're telling me that is what I would have to do for that body?  Um...I don't think so.  She's beautiful, but that's insane.  So think about that when you are flipping through these magazines thinking "I'll never look like that"...well they hardly look like that too.  So don't sweat it.

When you think Victoria's Secret you think Boobies (or my future butt). Over Thanksgiving I had a chat with a young lady.  We talked about boobs.  I had commented on how my mom keeps saying how much smaller my boobs have gotten.  They are still plenty good, but they are most definitely not the Double D's they once were.  We discussed what size I am now.  I made the comment about her being a Double D and she was horrified.  She said she was a C or a D.  Um, no.  I've fallen into that trap before.  It was like not buying the right size jeans.  They aren't going to fit right.

I hated how upset she was when I said that she was at least a Double D. I really do.  And I'm sad that the response was "It's embarrassing to get fitted." Yes it is.  And seriously, what young girl wants to wear a bra that looks like something their grandmom would wear?  The larger bras certainly are not as pretty or sexy.  But, they have a bigger job to do and a skinny little strap just is not going to do the job.  I can't tell you how many "pretty bras" I have owned and could never ever wear.  They looked horrible on me and provided no support.  I bought them to make myself feel better, but in the end they only made me feel worse.

So here's why it's important to get the right bra. Your back with thank you.  If you are constantly reaching in and shoving your boob back into the bra...well...it ain't pretty.  You won't have the indentations in your shoulder.  You just nodded right now didn't you?  I had permanent dents in my shoulder because my bra straps were so tight they just dug in.  I don't have the dark marks anymore, but I can still see a slight indentation :-(

If you are walking around and they are swinging side to side or bobbing up and down, then you do not have the right support.  You certainly aren't going to be able to workout. When I first started working out I would squeeze my arms and hold them in place when I would run a little.  I don't have to do that now.  They are smaller and I have the proper support.  YEAH!

It's okay to shop at VS...as long as you are truly supported (and go ahead and get something pretty...just don't go running around in it).

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts