Thanksgiving Trial Run

Happy Sunday!


It's been a few days since my last post so we have some catching up to do :-)

Let's start with Friday.  I mentioned before that Friday was Tracey's last day before maternity leave.  This of course meant going out to lunch.  We opted for this place called Cosi.  It was awesome. I opted for the pick two and got the signature salad (Mixed greens tossed with red grapes, pears, pistachios, dried cranberries, Gorgonzola and tossed in sherry shallot vinaigrette) and the Tuscan Pesto chicken on flatbread.  My side was baby carrots :-)  It was very tasty and filling.

After work I was getting right on the road.  My usual Friday dinner got postponed so I figured it would stop for something to eat halfway to the beach.  I would just look for a Subway when I stopped for gas.  The problem is that I sat in a lot of traffic right at the start of the trip. By the time I got to the halfway point I was hungry. I immediately thought: Wendy's, but I knew I would not make a healthy choice when I was that hungry.  I was planning on stopping at the Super Walmart for a few things and I thought there was a Subway in the shopping center.  I was wrong.  There was a Dunkin Donuts in the walmart.  I would have normally skipped it and kept looking for somewhere else, but it was closing in on 8pm and I don't like to eat later than that.  DD does have some decent flatbread sandwiches.  I asked and they had two left.  So I got the turkey bacon cheddar flatbread.  It's not my first choice, but it's also not a loaded bacon cheeseburger and fries.  I should add that I also got a mint hot chocolate for the road...Oh yeah, it was good. Naturally I saw the Subway in the next shopping center one block away.  Oops.

Saturday morning I was able to sleep in.  I still woke up around 9am (remember the good old days when you could sleep in until the afternoon?).  Since I didn't have the alarm wake me it took a little while to actually wake up.   I needed to be fully awake before I tackled the treadmill and face planted because I was sleepy.  Before I headed over my dad offered me a cookie...dang it.  I can't say no to cookies...this is a cake cookie with chocolate frosting...um...YES PLEASE.  After I ate it and chastised myself I headed over to the gym.

Let me just say that after walking at the track, the mall, and the park so much it is very hard to get back on a treadmill.  I did it though.  There are only 4 weeks until the Marathon and I wanted to get 10 miles in.  I decided to break my time up into 3 mile increments.  I wanted to see my time for each and see how I did.  My first three was pretty good.  Of course I jogged for some of it.  My second three I decided to start at my old pace and go up a .1 every .25 miles.  My second half of it should be taxing.  It was.  I did good though.  The problem is that after six miles I had done a lot of jogging and my knees were NOT happy with me.  So the last four miles were to just relax.  I slowed it down and read off and on for the last four miles. 

After the first 3 miles I was completely soaked.  So I was quite happy to see my dad pull up to the fitness center just as I was getting ready to go.  I had walked to the gym and I don't know that I would have made it  back.  I had tried to jog my last mile and my knees would not let me.

So I got my 10 miles in and I was wiped the rest of the day.  I showered and then plopped myself in the chair.  I would have blogged, but my laptop was upstairs and I did not want to take the stairs. :-(  It's ok.  I watched some football, some Syracuse Basketball (I'm a happy happy girl), and I knitted.  I relaxed and that was very needed.

I did go out for a little bit.  I went to Starbucks and was sent to the store for some beer.  I went in to get that first and immediately saw the Skinny Girl Margarita mix.  hmm...I got the beer and then went over to Starbucks.  It's Peppermint Mocha time and I could not be happier.  I asked for a Light and the cashier asked if I wanted Light or Skinny?  Oh heck yeah, give me skinny (sugar free).  It was good!  I got to thinking as I was leaving that I really wanted that Margarita mix so I went back for one.  I don't drink beer or wine and there was going to be a gathering for dinner.  If I'm in for the night I want something tasty.


Dinner was a Pre-Thanksgiving dinner.  We had deep fried turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, corn, biscuits, and kielbasa with sauer kraut.  I had small portions of each, but I was starving after.  Wait a minute, I did 10 miles this morning.  I can certainly have seconds.  So I did.  Again it was small portions, but I was happy and content.


And of course I had my Skinny Margarita after dinner.  Oh yeah, it was good.  Dear Santa, I would like a case for Christmas please.


I did not have as many vegetables as I would have liked yesterday, but I'm not going to beat myself up.  I did good for the walking/jogging and I kept my portions under control.  I also took several aleve because my legs and hips were sore.  They are still sore today, but it's a good sore.


So you know what's better than Thanksgiving dinner?  Thanksgiving left-overs of course :-) Don't worry, I picked up a small spinach salad on my way home from church.  I could eat the leftovers guilt-free. :-)  Of course the cookies are still there and I WANT one....



*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts