Moonpies..Moonpies...Moonpies...sigh

Hi Peeps,

Sorry it's been a few days.  It was a busy weekend.  I'm not going to lie though, it was nice to just stay off the computer for a couple of days...ahhh...I know you're all dying to know how the Food Show was.  Well it was awesome.  I'll do another post tonight on it. First I want to tell you about my weekend.  I have some confessions to make.

I had Friday off. The plan was to pick up my grandmom and head down to my mom's the for the weekend.  Grandmom was sick though so I ended up taking the trip on my own.  **Hope you're feeling better GJ!**

Since I didn't have to pick her up I could sleep in a little.  YEAH!  I still wanted to get on the road early though because I wanted to avoid DC Rush Hour traffic.  I made a peanut butter and banana sandwich, grabbed some water, and packed my car.  I decided to stop at the mall real quick and hit up target for some baby carrots and granola snacks for the ride. So far so good.

Okay, so I rolled into Virginia around 2pm. I could do a few things.  I could run to Subway and grab something to eat.  I could go to my mom's and unload my stuff.  Or I could go to mom's school and meet her class. I try to do this every year and I figured why not.  They only had a little over an hour before dismissal.  So I went and checked in and headed up to her classroom.  Empty.  Um...okay.  Now what?  Luckily I ran into our Keith Urban pal Ms. Eileen who helped me figure out the kids were out at recess.

I went out to see the kids and immediately  was in the middle of a mass of fourth grade girls.  They were cute and all hugging me.  Awww....I decided to stay through dismissal (and watched in horror as my mom gave them a Social Studies test right before the Friday dismissal...haha).

So two things were happening.  First, it was one girl's birthday and she had cupcakes to deliver.  Luckily she was taking them to former teachers and I didn't have to see them.  Second, it was one boy's last day and he had cupcakes for his teachers.  He gave one to my mom.  Bah...I became fixated on it until the kids left.  My mom offered it to me, but I said no. Very proudly, we threw it out.

Needless to say, by now I was starving!  We had just made plans to go to my aunt's for dinner, but that wasn't for 3 more hours.  Parent/Teacher conferences are coming up and there was a lot of prepping to do to get ready. Now, I could have gone to get something to eat and gone to the fitness center, but I'm a good daughter.  I did get sent out for an emergency Starbucks run though.

I figured I could grab something small to eat while I was out.  The first place I saw in the shopping center was a McDonalds. Dare I?  I could get a chicken wrap.  Um...no.  I don't trust myself not get fries.  Oh I could just get a happy meal.  It's a good portion.  No.  I sensed a belly ache in my future.

I went into Starbucks and they had their tomato mozzarella panini.  So I got that.  Very tasty and decent calories.  Good job Jennie :-)

I went back to school and helped grade papers and get the classroom ready. We didn't make it to dinner on time, but we were close.  I should probably tell you that I knew what was on the menu and was practically peeing my pants with excitement: Ribs and Pierogies...*salivating right now thinking about it*

I started with a salad.  A nice big one.  Then I had two small pieces of ribs and 4 pierogies.  I wanted more when I was done, but I waited for my stomach to catch up.  Pretty soon my brain realized that I was full.  GO ME!  The only problem is that there was a box of Moonpies on the counter.  I used to LOVE them.  We sat down in the living room and put in a dvd. Soon that fat angel was sitting on my shoulder whispering "Moonpie....Moonpie...Moonpie".  I seriously could not focus on the tv.  ARGH.  I left without having one, but it totally distracted me for the whole night. BAH.

Not gonna lie, I had one the next night....after the Food Show :-(

Before I sign off I wanted to say Hi to Everyone in Europe who is reading this :-)  Have a wonderful night!  And just say NO to Moonpies! :-)

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts