Dare I dream...Is there a NYC marathon in my future?

Sign one that my life has changed this past year: I have become obsessed with the NYC Marathon.

I have always considered the NYC marathon the ultimate test.  I could never even fathom finishing it.  Obviously it's possible. People do it every year.  And then I just thought they were crazy.  Who would want to run 26.2 miles?  Well there were about 47,000 this year.

I used to love walking the streets of NYC...of course I would stop and sit if I got tired.  I'm sure I've had days where I walked 10 miles or so (anything to save money), but that was throughout the day.  26.2 miles in one day? 

I love how many former Biggest Losers competed this year.  After all, they were once in my shoes. That makes me think that I can do it...someday.  I know...I know...first I have to get through the Rehoboth Half next month.  But, I want this to be my first of many.  In fact I've been trying to figure out which one to do after this.  :-)

I'm not sure how long it would take me to train for a full marathon.  I would probably have to quit my job and just start walking. It would be helpful if I had a Sugar daddy that would let me do that.  HaHa. Or at least move somewhere warmer that would allow me to train outside year round...

I have been planning a trip for my 40th birthday in a couple of years.  There will be a girls trip to swim with the Dolphins in Key West...but maybe I should aim for the NYC Marathon on my half birthday...something to think about.

Did I really just tell you that? 

Of course I'm going to need new sneakers for that...and maybe new knees...

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts