TGIF...Seriously!

TGIF!  Oh yeah!

It's been a long week kids.  There have been some good decisions and some bad decisions :-(

Remember what I said about If You Buy It You WILL Eat It?  Well it's true.  I broke down and bought a bag of the candy cane hershey kisses.  I don't even want to tell you, but it did not last long...just a few days.  I couldn't help it.  It's like some Crazy-Eyed monster took over.  I seriously had no control.  I know you may not believe me, but it's true.  I don't know what happens.  I can put them in the drawer and within 5 minutes I'm consumed with wanting to eat them.  Just one more...well one more handful...  I really don't know if I will ever be able to kick this chocolate addiction.

 I've been doing some overtime so I haven't gotten the workouts at night that I would like to.  This wouldn't be so bad if I had walked a lot during lunch this week.  Sadly, I walked twice.    Just Monday and Thursday.  Although technically I walked today. lol.  I was telling my friend about the SkinnyGirl Margarita mix and how the Wine & Spirit store has them on sale right now (because oh yeah, I stopped for another bottle last night...I wanted to make sure I had enough for Thanksgiving :-).  She said she wanted to go and wanted me to go with her.  I wanted to walk.  So we walked to the store at lunch.  It's not exactly a safe walk (lack of sidewalks) so I doubt we will do that again, but I didn't feel so bad about not walking.


Tonight I was meeting a friend at the mall, but I was going to get there an hour early.  I figured I could grab something to eat and look around before she got there.  I could not decide what I wanted.  I immediately thought Subway, but I had that earlier this week.  I had a serious craving for Bourbon chicken and found a place that had it.  It came with rice and one side.  I chose the mixed veggies.  It was so delicious.  The veggies were awesome. I felt good.  I also felt full.  Not uncomfortable, but not skinny.  Sounds like the perfect time to go try on some new workout outfits for the Half.  NOT.  I did it anyway.

It was...how shall I put this...HORRIBLE.  I felt so bloated.  I had not had enough water during the day.  I was full of chicken and rice.  UGH.  It was a dumb DUMB move.  Plus, I'm short so some of the pants were way too long.  I did find a pair of pants that I will probably go back for (my butt looked AMAZING by the way).  The tops were okay, but I want to keep looking for the right one.

I did find something awesome for me tonight.  I love homedic massagers.  I found a lumbar massager on clearance.  It normally sells for $45 and I got it for $10.  Right now is massaging my lower back.  But I will be moving it to my feet shortly. Merry Christmas to me!  It's especially nice because my company is now offering 10 minute chair massages on Wednesdays.  I got mine this week, but I got robbed on time.  I barely got 5 minutes.  It was such a tease :-(  Everyone was getting their massages while my chick was helping move furniture.  I had barely sat down before they announced time was up for everyone.  It was a big reminder to take care of your muscles though.  It felt good.  I am going to treat myself to a foot massage after the race.  My poor legs and feet are beat up.  They are skinny, but they are sore.

So tomorrow was supposed to be my next trial run.  I am still planning on walking, but I have a ton of things to do before I leave for the Outerbanks next week.  So I'm going to have to dial it back.  I may only get 8 miles in, but I have to be happy with that.  I will be walking a LOT next week :-) So I will be okay.  I have total faith in my body at this point.  That's such a good feeling.

Before I go wanted to just talk about one thing.  When I signed up for the 5K and for the Half they both asked what size shirt I wanted.  I totally had a panic attack.  How small do they run?  Are they made for boobs?  Maybe I should go big just in case.  I chose a medium for both.  It was hard for me to do that though.  My first thought was go for the Large.  I'm proud that I kept it to medium though.  Clothing sizes are still hard to adjust to.  I have a sweet poncho sweater that I got from Old Navy a couple years ago.  I love it.  But, I always loved it because it hid the right things.  I wore it again this week and was actually sad that I was covering up so much :-)  I always get compliments when I wear it though so it's easy to adjust.  I just think it's fun that I am not trying to cover up anymore.  GO ME!

Have a wonderful weekend.  I'll be back tomorrow, I promise.I have some more overtime to do and I'll need a break.  haha.

*************************************************************************
Check out my Facebook Page for  Confessions (there are before and work-in-progress pictures):

facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAFormerFatGir

yeah, sorry, I messed up and the "l" is missing....I need an assistant :-)

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter: @hugsnsmile

Comments

Popular Posts