Buon Giorno...an Italian dinner a week after Thanksgiving? This is torture.

Hello beautiful people,

Good news!  I got a new camera today.  Yeah. It's way nicer than my old one and this one will stay out of the ocean.

So tomorrow is a work event.  We had been told to keep the day free, but we didn't know where we were going until today.  We're going Italian.  ACK!  I asked to see the menu.  There are three things that are semi healthy (that I can eat...there is some seafood, but that would kill me...well not kill, but I would end up in the ER for the night).  We don't know if we will have access to the full menu or not.  So here's the thing, my favorite meal is eggplant parmesan.  I could eat that forever. I could have that tomorrow.  But, I think it would actually make me sick.

It would be so heavy in my system. Now I know what you're thinking: But Jennie, you can have just a little bit. Can I?  I think we both know that the answer is no.  I did well at Thanksgiving with my portions, but that was because I knew there was pecan pie coming later.  The smell alone tomorrow may just kill me. 

My willpower can only take so much.  Today someone brought in a bunch of soft pretzels.  Oh yeah, they sat on the desk across from me all day.  I did well and I didn't have any.  I wanted one, but I did not have one.  The bin of candy at the desk next to me got filled again.  I have resisted and not had any.  The jar of candy cane Hershey kisses have been at an unmanned desk all week.  I have resisted and not had any.  Really, a girl can only take so much.

After work I ran to pick up my new camera before Choir.  While I was at the store I got the news that choir was canceled. This meant that I could run to Target to pick up some groceries.  I had bananas, water, yogurt, and cheese sticks in my bag...and then I accidentally walked down the candy aisle.  Okay, it wasn't such an accident.  I saw the godiva chocolate and it was like my body was being pulled in that direction.  I remembered a coupon I had for a lindt chocolate bar.  They had a coconut white chocolate bar.  Um yes please.  I can make it last a few days. 

Yeah, that didn't happen.  I ate the whole thing tonight.  Felt a little stress and that's all it took.  I shouldn't have bought it.  I knew deep down that it wouldn't last a day. :-(

So I have been resting my knee for a couple of days.  The marathon is 10 days away and it has been really bad since Monday.  It feels much better and I'm planning on walking at lunch and after work before the dinner.  I won't push it too hard, but I need to walk.  I'm hoping that if I can get 5-6 miles in tomorrow that will help with the dinner. Wish me luck.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts