Hello Tuesday! I'm so happy you're here.

Hi there Beautiful People,

So yes, yesterday was not one of my prouder moments.  The good news is that it's a new day.  Today was full of good decisions.  Hello Tuesday, I'm happy you're here.

As good as today was, it was rough in the beginning.  I woke up coughing around 2am.  It was a dry throat cough.  I got up and grabbed a popsicle.  It felt a little better, but I could not stop coughing.  I made a decision that I knew was a bad one, but I needed relief.  I took a nyquil.  I passed out immediately.  I heard my roommate's door and jumped up to look at the clock.  7:10am.  I leave for work at 7:15.  CRAP!  I never moved so fast.  I did pretty well and was out the door in 15 minutes. 

I was only a little late for work so it all worked out.  Although I didn't get to do my daily Bible reading to start my day I made up for it when I got home tonight. 

All morning I was extremely excited. I was going to walk again today.  I could not wait.  Now since I ran out the door so fast this morning I came to work in my glasses.  My eyes are very light and therefore sensitive to light.  It was supposed to be 'cloudy' today...Yeah right.  The sun was shining.  So I went back to the mall to walk. YEAH!

It had been a little while since I had been to the mall to walk.  I hadn't done it since I completed the 13.1 miles so I was curious to see if my pace picked up.  I wasn't sure it would because I hadn't walked in 9 days.  My first lap was a little slow.  I felt like I was getting my sea legs back.  By my second lap I was back in stride.  I smoked it the final mile and cut off 3 minutes.  It was awesome.

It gets even better.  I see a lot of the same people working at the mall.  Some are in kiosks and some are at counters close to the walkway.  There is one lady who works at the seafood takeout counter.  She waves to me and it always makes me feel good. I haven't seen her in about two months.  Either she wasn't working that shift or I was walking the parking lot at work.  Today she gave me the thumbs up and shouted that I was looking good.  That's all I needed.  That's how I shaved that time off of that last mile.  It gave me the boost that I needed. 

Positive reinforcement is sooooo important. 

Since the medicine dries me out I think I'm going to try and go to sleep tonight without taking any.  Hopefully that is the reason for the coughing last night.  I have locked away the nyquil so that I won't be tempted and I have set a second alarm.  As soon as The Biggest Loser is over I am going to sleep.  I can't wait for what tomorrow brings!  My candy hangover is behind me now.  I am focused again and ready to go.

****Please note****

If you feel like you are alone on your journey and you just need some encouragement I am here for you!  Shoot me an email and I will do my best to check in on you or give you the words of support you need several times a week.  The journey is so much easier if you have support.

jhendersonfit@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts